FaceTime is a free video chat software created by Apple for iPhone, iPad, and Mac users. Launched in 2010, it allows you to talk, chat or hold meetings with anyone worldwide by using your Apple ID. It has a high-definition video calling support and allows group chats with up to 32 people at a time. FaceTime app is only available on iOS devices, and Android users can’t access this app on their smartphones or tablets. With the iOS 15 update, Apple allows Android users to join FaceTime video calls from their device. If you’re an Android user, you could use the following steps to join a FaceTime video call from your device.
How to Use FaceTime on Android
In order to join a FaceTime video call on any Android device, you must get an invitation link from the iOS user. From that, you could join the call with a single tap.
Create a FaceTime Call Link on iPhone
1. Open FaceTime app on your iPhone/iPad.
2. On the homepage, click on Create Link.
3. Tap the info icon next to the FaceTime Link option.
4. You can now share the link with the users who has an Android device. Choose the Share Link option.
5. You can share the FaceTime Call invitation link using other messaging platforms like WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. Select the app you want and send the invitation link.
Related Guide: How to Chromecast Facetime Video Calls
Join FaceTime Call Using Android Phone
FaceTime calls are supported only on Chrome and Safari browsers so you need to use the Chrome browser. Once you have received the invitation link on your Android phone, follow the below steps.
1. Click on the FaceTime call invite link and open it using Chrome. The invite link will open on facetime.apple.com.
2. Enter your name or username and click Continue.
3. The pop-up will appear to ask permission to access your camera. Click Allow and provide the necessary permission.
4. Click on the green-colored Join button at the top right corner.
5. The video call will be connected when the iPhone user created the link. An invitation will appear on their screen.
6. Once it was accepted, you will join the FaceTime Call from your Android device.
Related Guide: How to Watch Facetime Video Calls on Apple TV
Like the iPhone version, you will have the option to disable video/audio, switch the camera, enable full-screen mode, and change to grid/list view. To leave the call, tap the red-colored leave button.
By these methods, you can join a FaceTime Video call on Android to chat with your friends and family who have iOS devices. You can only join a call created by an Apple user and there is no option to start a FaceTime call on an Android device. Windows users also can use the Chrome browser on their device to join the FaceTime video calls.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Get Kodi on LG Smart TV [All Possible Ways]
- How to Enable and Use AirPlay on LG Smart TV
- How to Cast Zoom Meetings on Roku TV
- How to Get Now TV on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Download and Setup Stremio on Android Device
- How to Download Apps on Sharp Smart TV [3 Ways]
- How to Update Kodi on Amazon Firestick
- Live NetTV Apk – Installation Guide for Android Mobiles/Tablets
- How to Install Dofu Sports Live Stream on Firestick
- How to Install and Stream IPTV on JVC Smart TV