- The Sky Go app is unavailable for Android TVs and TV Boxes in the Play Store. You need to sideload or screen mirror the app to your TV.
- You can also cast the Sky Go app on your TV using a smartphone.
Sky Network has its streaming app, Sky Go, to stream all the live and on-demand content. If you are a Sky TV subscriber, you can access the Sky Go app for free. But, the Sky Go app is unavailable for Android TV in the Play Store. The app is available only for smartphones. To use the Sky Go app on your Android TV, you need to sideload the app using its APK file.
In this guide, you will learn how to sideload the Sky Go app on your Android TV. We have also included a separate guide on how to screen mirror the app to your TV.
How to Get Sky Go on Android TV using Downloader
To sideload Sky Go on Android TV, you need to install the Downloader app on Android TV.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Turn on your Android TV and click the Apps icon on the home screen.
2. Navigate to the Google Play Store and open it.
3. Click on the Search bar and type Downloader using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Tap the Downloader app from the search results and click the Install button to download the app.
5. After downloading the app, click the Settings icon.
6. Locate and tap the Device Preferences option.
7. Select Security & Restrictions and tap Unknown Sources.
8. Now, navigate to the Downloader option and click the toggle button.
9. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV and grant access to the necessary permissions.
10. Enter the Sky Go Android TV APK link (https://bit.ly/48HTQLW) on the URL box and hit the Go button.
11. After downloading the APK file, select the Install button on the pop-up menu.
12. Wait for the app to install on your Android TV.
13. Once installed, open the Sky Go app and sign in to your account using the login details.
14. Now, choose any content on the Sky Go app and enjoy watching it on your Android TV.
How to Cast Sky Go Videos on Android TV Box
The Sky Go app for Android smartphones is featured with the Cast feature. With that, you can easily cast the Sky Sports app to any Chromecast-compatible device. Before moving further, connect your Android smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
1. Open the Play Store on your Android Smartphone.
2. Navigate to the Search bar and type Sky Go using the virtual keyboard.
3. Locate the Sky Go app from the search results and hit the Install button on the app description page.
4. Launch the Sky Go app after installation and sign in with your Sky account.
5. Tap the Cast icon on the app.
6. You will see a list of devices on the same WiFi. Select your Android TV from the list.
7. Within seconds, you will see the Sky Go app on Android TV. Choose any content to play and watch it on your Android TV.
8. Once you are done with the casting, tap the Cast icon and disconnect the Android TV.
Sky Go covers all of Sky’s video content. Sky Sports offers only live sports matches and sport-related content.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.