Sky Go is a TV channel owned by Sky Group. This channel is free for Sky TV subscribers and consists of all the content from the Sky network. The non-subscribers of Sky TV can also stream Sky Go with a monthly subscription of £20 per month. This service can be accessed via the Sky Go website or app. The Sky Go app comprises more than 100 live TV channels and thousands of on-demand content. You can also download movies and can stream them offline on the Sky Go app.
Sky Go can be accessed only by UK residents. To access this service outside the UK, you need to use VPN services like ExpressVPN or CyberGhost VPN. VPN helps you to bypass the geo-restrictions and protects the users’ online identity. If you want to stream Sky Go on Android TV, you need to sideload the app using Downloader. In addition to this method, you can also cast the Sky Go app on your Android TV.
How to Install Sky Go on Android TV [Downloader]
To sideload Sky Go on Android TV, you need to install the Downloader app on Android TV.
(1) Turn On your Android TV and click the Apps icon on the home screen.
(2) Navigate to the Google Play Store and open it.
(3) Click on the Search bar and type Downloader using the on-screen keyboard.
(4) Tap the Downloader app from the search results and click the Install button to download the app.
(5) After downloading the app, click the Settings icon at the top.
(6) Locate and tap the option Device Preferences.
(7) Select Security & Restrictions and tap Unknown Sources.
(8) Now, navigate to the Downloader option and click the toggle button next to it.
(9) Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV and grant access to the necessary permissions.
(10) Enter the Sky Go APK link on the URL box and hit the Go button.
(11) After downloading the APK file, select the Install button on the pop-up menu.
(12) Wait for the app to install on your Android TV.
(13) Once installed, open the Sky Go app and sign in to your account using the login details.
(14) Now, choose any content on the Sky Go app and enjoy watching it on your Android TV.
Alternative Way to Get Sky Go App on Android TV
- Download the Sky Go APK file on your PC.
- Connect a USB drive to your PC and transfer the APK file to it.
- Install the ES File Explorer on your Android TV.
(1) Insert the USB drive into the HDMI port of your Android TV and turn it ON.
(2) Before installing the application, you need to enable the option Unknown Sources. To do it,
Go to Settings >> Device Preferences >> Security and Restrictions >> Unknown Sources >> Enable Downloader.
(3) Launch the ES File Explorer on your Android TV and navigate to the USB drive section.
(4) Tap the APK file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the Sky Go app on Android TV.
(5) Once installed, open the Sky Go app and enter your account credentials to sign in.
(6) Finally, play your desired content and stream it on a larger screen.
How to Cast Sky Go to Android TV
Sky Go is a Chromecast-compatible app. So, you can directly cast the app to your TV. Before moving further, connect your Android smartphone and Android TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
(1) Open the Play Store on your Android Smartphone.
(2) Navigate to the Search bar and type Sky Go using the virtual keyboard.
(3) Locate the Sky Go app from the search results and hit the Install button on the app description page.
(4) Launch the Sky Go app after installation and enter your login credentials to sign in.
(5) Tap the Cast icon exhibited at the top.
(6) You will see a list of devices available on the same Wi-Fi. Select your Android TV from the list.
(7) Within seconds, you will see the Sky Go app screen on AndroidTV. Choose any content to play and watch it on your mobile as well as Android TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Sky Go is not available on Android TV.
You can install Sky Go on Android TV using the sideloading method.
Yes. You can Chromecast Sky Go to your Android TV from your Android mobile.
Sky Go Extra has more features than the Sky Go application. By getting Sky Go Extra, you can download videos to view them offline and can stream on 2 devices at the same time.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Watch BritBox on Google TV
- How to Stream Foxtel Go on Apple TV [2 Ways]
- How to Cast NBA on Chromecast-connected TV
- How to Protect Your Device From Spy Apps
- The Growing Opportunities of Mobile Game Development
- Outlook vs. Thunderbird: In-Depth Comparison – 2022
- 7 Christmas Scams to Watch Out For
- How to Watch House of the Dragon on Firestick
- How to Install Soap2day on Firestick / Fire TV
- How to Find Your Archived Messages on Messenger