- BBC iPlayer is officially available on Apple TV and can be installed on streaming devices from the App Store.
- To install the BBC iPlayer app: Open App Store → Search for BBC iPlayer → Select BBC iPlayer app → Click Get.
- You can use the BBC iPlayer app on your iPhone or iPad to AirPlay its content to Apple TVs.
If you are someone who enjoys British movies and TV shows, then the BBC iPlayer app is a must-have app on your streaming device. BBC iPlayer is officially available in the Apple TV 4K App Store. Users can install the app on their Apple TV and watch all content available on the streaming app using their BBC account. On the BBC iPlayer app, you get to watch BCC programs, top-hit TV series, live sports, and more.
BBC iPlayer mobile app supports AirPlay, which means you can use your Apple devices to AirPlay BBC iPlayer content to Apple TV. In this user guide, you will learn about all the possibilities for streaming BBC iPlay content on your Apple TV.
BBC iPlayer is geo-restricted to the UK region. To watch the BBC iPlayer content outside the UK, use a premium VPN service. We recommend NordVPN to watch content that is geo-blocked in your region.
How to Install BBC iPlayer on Apple TV
Before installing the app, sign up for a BBC account on the BBC iPlayer website. Once you sign up for an account, you can watch all content available on the app for free. Follow the steps below to get the app on your Apple TV.
1. Turn on your Apple TV and connect it to a strong internet connection.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Open the App Store on your Apple TV and tap the Search icon at the top.
3. Use the virtual keyboard to type BBC iPlayer on the search box.
4. Select the BBC iPlayer app from the search results.
5. Hit the Get button to install the app on Apple TV.
How to Activate and Watch BBC iPlayer on Apple TV
Once you install the BBC iPlayer app, you must activate the app on your TV to start streaming its content. Use the steps below to activate the app.
1. Launch the BBC iPlayer on your TV.
2. Select the Sign-in button and note down the activation code.
3. Go to the website https://account.bbc.com/account/tv from a browser on your PC.
4. Hit the Sign in button again and log in to your BBC account using the necessary login details.
5. Type the activation code on the box and tap Sign in on your TV.
6. Now, close the BBC iPlayer app and relaunch the app.
7. Play any sports content on the BBC iPlayer and stream it on your TV.
How to AirPlay BBC iPlayer on Apple TV
If you have an Apple TV with no App Store, you can use the AirPlay function to stream BBC iPlayer’s content on your device. To start the AirPlay process, connect your Apple TV to Wi-Fi same as your iPhone or iPad, and follow the steps below.
1. Launch the BBC iPlayer on your iPhone/iPad. You can install the app from the App Store.
2. Sign in to your BBC account and play a video on the BBC iPlayer app.
3. Hit the AirPlay icon exhibited at the top.
4. Choose your Apple TV to mirror the iPhone screen.
How to Fix BBC iPlayer Not Working on Apple TV
Sometimes, the BBC iPlayer displays a black screen while streaming videos. This issue is caused due to several reasons. If BBC iPlayer is not working on Apple TVs, refer to the steps given below.
- Update the app on Apple TV.
- Restart your Apple TV.
- Close and open the BBC iPlayer app.
- Connect the Apple TV to a VPN and try again.
- Uninstall and reinstall the BBC iPlayer app.
- Update your Apple TV to the latest firmware.
- If none of these fixes work, reset your Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can stream BBC iPlayer videos on AppleTV 3rd generation using the AirPlay method.
BBC iPlayer is completely free to download and stream.
You can use a VPN service on Apple TV to watch BBC iPlayer content in the USA.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.