Funimation is an American-based entertainment company operated by Sony. It is involved in distributing various dubbed anime series and movies. Funimation started its journey by dubbing Dragon Ball Z for Cartoon Network in the ’90s. It later now moved to distribute the dubbed anime content. Apart from distributing anime, users can also buy action figures and other products on its official site. To expand its business, Funimation bought Crunchyroll from AT&T in 2021. Funimation is supported on Apple TV, Firestick, Roku, Android, and iOS devices. You can download the Funimation application from any one of the supported devices, and you have to subscribe to a plan to access the application.
Funimation is a subscription-based streaming service with three different plans. The Premium Plan, Premium Plus, and Premium Plus Ultra. Premium Plus and Premium Plus Ultra subscribers get extra benefits like annual gifts, episode downloading, and free shipping. You can enjoy a two-week free trial on Funimation.
- It is offered at $7.99/month.
- You will get ad-free access to its contents.
- Also, you can stream up to two devices simultaneously.
2. Premium Plus
- It is offered at $9.99/month.
- You can connect up to five devices simultaneously.
- You will get special access to member-only events.
3. Premium Plus Ultra
- This plan is offered at $99.99/year.
- You will receive a gift in accordance with Funimation’s anniversary.
- Shipping charges will not apply to you when you purchase on its platform.
How to Install Funimation On Apple TV
The Funimation app is all ready for download in the App store. However, you can add Funimation only on Apple TV (4th generation) and Apple TV 4K (5th generation). In other words, you need an Apple TV running on tvOS 9.0 or later.
1. Set up your Apple TV and connect to an internet connection.
2. Select the App Store from the home screen.
3. Select the Search icon.
4. In the search Bar, type Funimation and search for it.
5. Choose the Funimation app from the search result.
6. Select the Get button to install it.
7 After installation, log in to your account to stream the avorite anime title.
Related: How to Stream Funimation on Roku
Alternative Method – Screen Mirror Funimation
1. Install the Funimation app from the App Store.
2. Login with your account.
3. Select the Screen Mirroring option from the Control Panel.
4. Choose your Apple TV from the list of available devices to connect.
5. Relaunch the Funimation app.
6. Select an anime show to watch on Apple TV.
Funimation not Working on Apple TV – Possible Fixes
When you get issue with Funimation, you can try the following fixes.
- Check if the WIFI or internet connection is stable.
- Find if there is no server down issues.
- Clear Apple TV cache and data.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Funimation app.
- Update the Funimation app with the latest version.
- Restart your Apple TV.
- Update Apple TV with the latest version.
There are a lot of anime fans worldwide. Animes like Naruto and Dragon Ball Z will provide endless entertainment even for adults. So, if you want to watch anime, you can choose the Funimation platform. You can get a subscription from its official website to stream its content.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K, you can download the Funimation app on the device easily. However, if you own an older generation Apple TV, you might need to use the AirPlay feature to stream the app.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Chromecast SoundCloud Music to TV
- How to Install and Watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromebook
- How to Install NOW TV on Chromecast with Google TV
- How to Play GTA Vice City on Netflix
- Scary Skins For CS2 Players
- How to Install Vudu on Samsung Smart TV
- How Do Window Cleaning Robots Work?
- How to Update Sharp Smart TV Firmware [All Models]
- How to Watch Facebook Live Videos on Chromecast
- How to Install and Watch Freeview on Firestick