Vudu is a movie streaming service that lets you watch movies on various platforms like Android, iOS, Android TV, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation, Roku, Apple TV, and Chromecast. In this article, we will show how to install and watch Vudu on Apple TV. By installing the Vudu app, you can’t rent or buy movies on your Apple TV. Instead, you will have access to the library of purchased movies. Vudu Apple TV app now supports 4k UHD titles, and select titles support Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision, and HDR10. You can rent movies through the web browser on your PC, and then you can watch them on your Apple TV. You can browse the catalog, wishlist the movie for later access, and use Siri to search for the movie.
Related: How to stream Netflix on Apple TV?
Vudu Subscription Plans & Pricing
Vudu is a free streaming service for you without any monthly subscription plans.
- It has a collection of thousands of free movies that stream along with ads.
- However, there is a whole big library of paid content on Vudu from which you can rent its content.
- The rent of the movies on Vudu often ranges between $3 and $7.
- The most advantageous feature of Vudu is that you only need to pay for what you watch on it.
How to Install Vudu on Apple TV
Vudu is only accessible on Apple TV 4 and Apple TV 4K. Users with Apple TV 3 and earlier generation cannot access this streaming app due to the non-availability of App Store. Follow these steps to download Vudu on Apple 4 and Apple 4K (5th generation).
#1: Launch your Apple TV and open App store.
#2: Navigate to the search menu and search for Vudu.
#3: The official Vudu app and its related applications will appear on the screen.
#4: Click the Get button to download the app.
#5: Once installed, click Open to launch the app.
Sign In to Watch Vudu Movies
After installing the app, you need to sign-in your login credentials to watch the movies. Unfortunately, there is no option for Sign up in the app. So create a Vudu account by visiting its official website on your mobile or PC.
- Launch the app.
- Click Sign In and enter your Vudu login credentials. (You can also use your Walmart account login credentials).
There is another easiest way available to sign-in Vudu app on your Apple TV. For this method, you need to install Vudu on iPhone or iPad. Connect your iOS device and Apple TV to the same WiFi network. Launch the app on iPhone/iPad -> navigate to Settings -> select the account. It will sync your account on Apple TV.
Install VPN to Avoid Geo-restrictions
Vudu app and its media are only accessible in the US and Canada. Users outside the US need to install VPN on Apple TV to access Vudu app. VPN lets you bypass those restrictions by switching your IP (location) to the server where Vudu is accessible. Simultaneously, it also prevents ISPs, hackers and Government agencies from tracking or monitoring your online activities. If you’re searching for the best VPN to bypass those restrictions, we recommend you to use NordVPN.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: 75% Instant Discount on 3-year Plan
Related: How to watch Amazon Prime on Apple TV?
Alternative Method: Install Vudu on Apple TV 3rd Generation & Lower
Since Apple TV 3rd gen ad lower models don’t include App Store, installing apps isn’t possible. However, one shall AirPlay the content from iOS or Mac PC to Apple TV. The below section guides you with the steps to mirror Vudu from iPhone to Apple TV.
1. Start by connecting your Apple TV and iOS to the same WIFI connection.
2. Navigate to click on the Apps section to click on the App Store icon.
3. Hit the Magnifier icon at the bottom to type Vudu.
4. Select the app on the suggestions and click on the Vudu app tile.
5. When you get into the app description page, hit the Get button to download it.
6. After the download, click Open to launch the app.
7. Then, provide the sign-in details to log in to your Vudu account.
8. Now, select any content to play on your iPhone and click on the AirPlay icon. If you can’t find it, select the Share icon and choose AirPlay.
9. Go ahead to select your Apple TV name from the available devices to establish a connection.
10. Once the connection is established, you will find your iPhone screen on your Apple TV.
Note: For a better streaming experience, rotate your iPhone to landscape mode.
This is how you need to install and watch Vudu app on Apple TV. Now, you can watch the movies in full HD resolution from the comfort of your couch. You need a VPN to access Vudu movies outside the US and Canada.
Thank you for visiting Techfollows.com. For further queries and feedback, feel free to leave a comment below.
To know the current outages with the streaming apps like Vudu, you shall visit the Downdetector website. It will update the latest outages instantly.
Vudu may not work for the following reasons:
1. Slow internet connectivity
2. Server maintenance or outage
3. Outdated version of the app
4. Outdated OS on your device
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Add and Watch BBC iPlayer on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install and Activate ITV Hub on Firestick
- How to Stream FIFA World Cup 2022 on Panasonic Smart TV
- How to Watch Fox Sports on Vizio Smart TV
- How to Watch TSN on Chromecast Connected TV
- How to Watch FIFA World Cup on Sharp Smart TV
- How to Jailbreak Apple TV 4K, 4, 3, 2, 1 
- How to Cancel HBO Max Subscription on Roku
- How to Download and Install Popcorn Time on Mac 
- 12 Best IPTV Providers to Watch FIFA World Cup 2022