Apple TV is one of the most versatile streaming boxes available on the market and is the same as the Firestick that converts your Regular TV to a smart TV. You can do anything from playing games, watching your favorite series or movies, and much more without the need to connect to your devices like smartphones, PC, or other devices. Apple TV comes with a remote to control your Apple TV device. However, you need to follow the proper procedure to pair your Apple TV remote. Otherwise, you will be put up in a difficult situation where you can’t control your Apple TV with the Unpaired Apple TV remote. So, here we will discuss all the possible ways to pair Apple TV remotes.
How to Pair Apple TV remote with Apple TV
There are five types of Apple TV. They are:
- First Generation Apple TV
- Second Generation Apple TV
- Third Generation Apple TV
- Fourth Generation Apple TV
- Apple TV 4K
So, let us see the pairing procedure for the Apple TV remote with all the models of your Apple TV.
Pair First Generation Apple TV Remote
(1). Turn on your Apple TV.
(2). Insert the battery on your Apple TV remote.
(3). Now, you can see the white light blinking on your Apple TV device.
(4). Point your Apple TV remote close to your Apple TV device.
(5). Then, press and hold the Menu and Right button on your Apple TV remote simultaneously for six seconds.
(6) Now, you will receive a confirmation message on-screen on your Apple TV that your Apple TV remote is successfully paired.
Pair Second Generation Apple TV Remote
The steps are the same as the first generation Apple TV remote to pair second-generation Apple TV remotes. So, you can follow the same pairing process for second-generation Apple TV remotes to Apple TV.
Pair Third Generation Apple TV Remote
There is only some certain modification for Apple Tv’s third-generation remote. However, the pairing process of the Apple TV remote is the same as the First Generation Apple TV. So, follow the same steps as it is to pair your third-generation Apple TV remote to Apple TV.
Pair Fourth Generation Apple TV Remote (Apple TV HD)
With Apple TV 4K, you will receive a brand new Siri remote. So, follow the pairing procedure of your fourth generation Apple TV remote below.
(1) Turn On your Apple TV.
(2) Maintain a distance of three inches between your remote and Apple TV.
(3) Press and hold the Menu button and Volume Up button for five seconds.
(4) If you don’t see an on-screen message, bring your Apple TV remote close to your Apple TV.
(5) Now, your Apple TV remote will be successfully paired on your Apple TV.
Pair Apple TV 4K Remote
There are two types of Apple TV 4K. They are:
- First Generation Apple TV 4K
- Second Generation Apple TV 4K
For the First Generation Apple TV 4K, you will receive a first-generation Siri remote, and for the second-generation Apple TV 4K, you will receive a second-generation Siri remote.
You already know that you will receive a first generation Siri remote as same as fourth-generation Apple TV for your Apple TV 4K. So, the pairing process of the Apple TV 4K remote is the same as the fourth-generation Apple TV.
For the second generation Apple TV 4K, you can find the pairing process of the Apple TV 4K remote below.
(1) Start your Apple TV.
(2) Kepp your Apple TV remote close to your Apple TV.
(3) Press and hold the Back and Volume Up buttons simultaneously for five seconds.
(5) Now, you can see the confirmation message on the screen that your Apple TV remote has been successfully paired.
Troubleshoot Apple TV not Pairing Issue
1. Replace the battery on your Apple TV or charge it.
2. Make sure your Apple TV is updated to the latest firmware.
3. Resync your Apple TV remote to your Apple TV by pressing and holding the Back and Volume Up button or Menu and Volume Up button simultaneously for six seconds.
Related – How to fix common Apple TV issues?
Pairing your Apple TV remote is not impossible. You just have to be patient and follow the exact procedure to pair your Apple TV remote. Also, the pairing process is vital for controlling your Apple TV. So, check the model of your Apple TV and follow the procedure in accordance with it to complete the pairing process of your Apple TV remote on your Apple TV device.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- 9 Cybersecurity Tricks Every Student Needs to Know
- How to Install Twitch Kodi Addon 
- How to Install TVCatchup.com Kodi Addon
- How to Install Invictus Kodi Addon?
- Trending Technologies That Would Dominate The Business World
- 7 Tips on How to Learn Calculus if You Don’t Understand Professor
- How to Install and Watch Funimation on PS5
- How to Download Einthusan Kodi Addon
- How to Get Deezer on Firestick to Play Music
- How to Install CNBC on Amazon Firestick