Apple TV provides a quick and easiest way to stream movies, TV shows, and much more content over the internet. Sometimes, you may experience certain performance issues after being loaded up with too many applications and downloads. If you are experiencing any issues with your Apple TV device, it is recommended to restart the device. It will force-stop all the running applications and restore the device completely.
Apple TV doesn’t have a power button to restart the device. However, there are two ways to reboot your Apple TV. You can use either the inbuilt settings on your device or the Apple TV remote to restart the device. Here, we will you the steps for both methods.
Related: How to Restart/Reboot Firestick?
Method 1: Restart/Reboot Apple TV using Remote
If you are having trouble accessing your inbuilt settings or installed apps, access the following steps to restart the device from any screen.
Apple TV 3 and earlier models:
Press and hold the menu & down button until the LED flashes on the streaming devices. Release those button and your Apple TV will be restarted automatically.
Apple TV 4 and 4K:
Press and hold the Menu and TV button until the LED light on the Apple TV flashes.
Method 2: Restart/Reboot Apple TV using inbuilt settings
You can restart your Apple TV using the Settings on your device as well. The steps to be followed depend on the model of Apple TV you have.
Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD
1. Initially, open the Settings app on your Apple TV.
2. Scroll down the menu and then click on the System option.
3. Finally, click on the Restart option.
4. With this, Apple TV initiates the restart.
Apple TV 3 or older
1. Initially, launch the Settings app on your Apple TV.
2. Choose the General option from the Settings menu.
3. Scroll down the menu and click on Restart.
4. Finally, the device starts the restart.
Alternative Way – Reboot Apple TV by Unplugging the Device
If you feel like these two measures couldn’t fix issues on your device, we have another way to restart your device. If this, too, does not work, you can reset your Apple TV to its factory settings to remove any error or issue.
1. Initially, unplug your device from power.
2. Wait for a few seconds. [Apple recommends a minimum of six seconds]
3. Plug your device back to power and try using it.
These are the ways that let you restart your TV streaming device. If there is any other way to reboot the Apple TV, mention it in the comment box.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can restart your device in three different ways. This includes restarting using the remote, settings, and unplugging the device from power.
Older Apple TV doesn’t have a power button so that you can reboot it. However, you can restart your device easily using the remote or simply altering the settings.
To fix a frozen TV, you need to restart it. You can use the Apple TV remote to restart the device.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Enable and Use AirPlay on LG Smart TV
- How to Cast Zoom Meetings on Roku TV
- How to Get Now TV on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Download and Setup Stremio on Android Device
- How to Download Apps on Sharp Smart TV [3 Ways]
- How to Update Kodi on Amazon Firestick
- Live NetTV Apk – Installation Guide for Android Mobiles/Tablets
- How to Install Dofu Sports Live Stream on Firestick
- How to Install and Stream IPTV on JVC Smart TV
- How to Add and Watch ITV Kodi Addon