Sling TV is a streaming service that has 40+ popular channels like AMC, HGTV, Cartoon Network, etc. In addition, it features more than 85000 on-demand shows and movies. Sling TV is compatible with several devices, including Apple TV (tvOS 15.1 or later). You can directly install the Sling TV app from the App Store on Apple TV. After installation, you must activate the Sling TV app to access the videos on Apple TV. Apart from this method, you can also AirPlay the Sling TV videos on Apple TV.
How to Install Sling TV on Apple TV
#1. Navigate to the home screen on Apple TV.
#2. Look for the App Store on the Apple TV home screen and select it.
#3. On the App Store home screen, select the Search icon at the top.
#4. Use the virtual keyboard to type Sling TV on the search box.
#5. Locate and select the Sling TV app from the search suggestions.
#6. Hit the Get button to download the app on Apple TV.
How to Activate & Watch Sling TV on Apple TV
#1. After installation, launch the Sling TV app.
#2. Hit the Sign In button and note down the code exhibited on the TV screen.
#3. From a browser on your PC, visit the website www.sling.com/sign-in/activate.
#4. Type the activation code on the box and hit the Continue button.
#5. Sign In to your Sling TV account using the necessary login credentials.
#6. Relaunch the app on your tvOS and stream your favorite local TV channels on Apple TV.
How to AirPlay Sling TV on Apple TV
Sling TV is an AirPlay-compatible app. With this support, you can directly cast Sling TV videos on tvOS from your iPhone/iPad.
1. Initially, connect your iPhone/iPad and Apple TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Sling TV app from the App Store on your iPhone/iPad.
3. Once installed, open the Sling TV app and log in to your account.
4. Play your desired video on the Sling TV app.
5. Select the AirPlay icon on the player screen.
6. Choose your Apple TV from the pop-up menu.
7. Within seconds, the video playing on the app will be shown on your Apple TV.
How to Watch Sling TV on Apple TV Outside the US
Sling TV is accessible only in the US. Users from outside the US cannot access the Sling TV service. If you reside outside the US, refer to the steps below before installing the Sling TV app on tvOS.
1. First, get a DNS server IP from a VPN provider. We recommend you use ExpressVPN, as it provides a DNS setting for each device.
2. On your Apple TV, go to Settings.
#3. Select the option Network and hit Ethernet.
#4. Tap the option Configure DNS and change it from Automatic to Manual.
#5. Enter the DNS server IP given by your VPN provider and tap Done.
#6. Finally, restart your Apple TV and launch the app to stream the videos without any issues.
How to Fix Sling TV Not Working on Apple TV
Sometimes, this app doesn’t work on your Apple TV. The Sling TV app may not work due to poor internet connection, server outage issues, excessive cache files, outdated Sling TV app version, and minor bugs on the app. To fix these issues, refer to the steps below.
- Connect the Apple TV to a strong WiFi.
- Check whether the Sling TV server is down or active.
- Clear the Sling TV app cache.
- Update the app on Apple TV.
- Update tvOS to the latest firmware.
- Restart your Apple TV.
- Finally, uninstall and reinstall the Sling TV app.
Sling TV: Subscription Plans
Sling TV offers three subscription plans. You need to subscribe to any one of the plans listed below to access the service. Further, you can add more channels in the form of add-ons.
|Plans||Sling Orange||Sling Blue||Sling Blue + Orange|
|Channels||31 Channels||41 Channels||47 Channels|
Also, you can get premium channels on Sling TV. It includes popular channels such as,
- Showtime at $10/ month.
- Starz at $9/month.
- Epix at $5/month and more.
Furthermore, there are add-on packs or extras on Sling TV. It includes Sports Extra at $15/mo, Kids Extra at $ 6/mo, News Extra at $6/mo, and more. Additionally, you can get fifty hours of Cloud DVR storage at $5 per month.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have an AppleTV third-generation, you can’t install the Sling TV app. However, you can airplay the Sling TV videos on Apple TV from your iPad or iPhone.
Currently, Sling TV doesn’t include any free trial.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Watch ITVX on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install BritBox on Samsung Smart TV
- Best Ways to Fix AirPlay Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Setup Samsung Smart TV in 2023 [All Models]
- How to Install and Watch ESPN on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Download Spectrum TV App on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Fix YouTube TV Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- Can I Install Kodi on Samsung Smart TV [Know the Trick]
- How to Get DirecTV Stream on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install and Watch ABC on Samsung TV