As the name implies, taking a screenshot means capturing the contents displayed on the screen. You can share the captured image with anyone or can save it for future reference. Apple Watch is popularly known for its fitness and health tracking. Apart from these functions, you can also take a screenshot on Apple Watch. Taking screenshots on watchOS allows you to save important conversations, health activities, etc., for later reference.
How to Take a Screenshot on Apple Watch
Before taking a screenshot on your Apple Watch, you have to enable the screenshot feature on your Apple Watch or iPhone.
How to Enable Screenshot Feature on Watch App
(1) Unlock your iPhone and launch the Watch app.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
(2) Navigate to the My Watch tab displayed at the bottom.
(3) Select the option General.
(4) Under General, locate the option Enable Screenshots and tap the toggle button next to it.
(5) After enabling this option, you can take screenshots on your watchOS device.
Note: If you can’t find your Apple Watch device on the Watch app, unpair your Apple Watch and pair it again.
How to Turn On Screenshot Feature on Apple Watch
(1) Turn on your Apple Watch and press the Digital Crown button.
(2) Look for the Settings app and select it.
(3) Scroll down to the option General and tap it.
(4) Tap the toggle switch next to the option Enable Screenshots.
(5) Once enabled, refer to the below steps to take screenshots on Apple Watch.
How to Capture a Screenshot on Apple Watch
(1) Navigate to the location on Apple Watch where you wish to capture the screen.
(2) Press the Digital Crown and side button simultaneously for 2-3 seconds.
(3) The screen will flash with a shutter sound while taking the screenshot on your Apple Watch Ultra.
How to View an Apple Watch Screenshot
(1) To view the screenshot, launch the Photos app on your connected iOS device.
(2) Go to the Albums section. Here, you can find all the screenshots you have taken.
(3) Click on the Share icon at the bottom of the page and select the contact to share.
How to Get Apple Watch Screenshots of a Family Member
You can set up and get screenshots from Apple Watch used by your family member directly to your iPhone.
1. Turn on Enable Screenshots on your family member’s Apple Watch.
2. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
3. Select your family member’s watch under the All Watches section and click Done.
4. Click General and then pick Diagnostic Logs.
5. Select a screenshot to view.
Screenshot using the Workout app
When you take screenshots while using the workouts app by pressing the side button and the Digital crown button, the workouts will pause. To resume the workouts, you have to press both buttons again.
Troubleshoot Apple Watch Screenshot Not Working
If the screenshots are not working on your Apple Watch, you can follow the below fixes to troubleshoot the issue
- Restart your iPhone and Apple device.
- Make sure that you have enough iPhone storage.
- Check the side button Accessibility on your Apple Watch
- Update your iOS and watchOS.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can easily take a picture on an Apple Watch by tapping the Shutter button.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.