Apple TV is a popular streaming platform that allows you to browse and watch movies, series, TV shows, Apple Originals, documentaries, and more content at 4K HDR. You can also have your watchlist to add your favorite movies to watch later. Apple TV app has made its way into almost all renowned streaming devices and branded smart TVs. Philips is one such popular smart television brand that supports the Apple TV app. You can seamlessly watch all the exclusive contents of Apple TV on Philips Smart TV.
What’s on Apple TV App
- You can also subscribe to Apple TV channels such as Paramount+, Showtime, etc.
- Apple TV supports rentals, purchases, or subscriptions.
- It suggests shows, movies, and dedicated selections based on your recent interests.
- With an Apple TV+ subscription, you can stream ad-free content and on-demand titles.
- It supports the availability of various other apps like A&E, ABC, Boomerang, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CBS All Access, Epix, Food Network, HBO Max, MUBI, NBC sports, etc.
- It is compatible with iOS devices, macOS, gaming consoles, smart TVs, and streaming devices.
How to Install Apple TV on Philips Smart TV with Android OS
Since Philips TV works on Android OS, you shall install the Apple TV app from the Play Store directly.
(1). Turn on your Philips smart TV and navigate to the Apps tab from the home screen.
2). From the Apps tab, select the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3). On the search field, type Apple TV using the on-screen keyboard and click to search.
4). From the search results, select Apple TV.
5). Select Install to download Apple TV on your Philips Smart TV.
6). Launch the Apple TV app and tap Start Watching.
7). Then, go to the Settings option at the top of the App screen, and click Account.
8). Sign in to your Apple TV+ subscription with valid login credentials.
9). Finally, you can select any content from Apple TV and watch it on your Philips Smart TV.
Note: You shall conside using the Best Universal Remote for Apple TV to control the Apple TV when the original remote is lost, damaged, or not working.
How to Install Apple TV on Philips TV with Roku OS
To get the Apple TV app on Philips Roku TV, follow the below steps.
1). Connect your Philips Roku TV to a stable internet connection.
2). Then, click the Home button on the remote and select the Search option.
(3). On the Search field, type Apple TV app using the on-screen keyboard in the Roku Channel Store.
(4). On finding Apple TV from the search results, click on Add Channel option to download the Apple TV on the Philips Roku TV.
(5). After downloading, click OK and select Go to Channel to get into the App.
6). On Apple TV welcome screen, click Start Watching.
7). Now, go to the Settings menu and choose the Accounts option.
8). Sign in to your account with your Apple ID credentials.
(9). Now, you can watch all the content of the Apple TV app on your Philips Smart TV.
Note: If you prefer streaming shows and movies without any ad interruptions, you shall block ads on Apple TV.
How to Fix Streaming Errors in Apple TV App
If you find any error streaming the contents of the Apple TV app, follow the below fixing techniques before reaching out for help from the experts.
- Check whether your device is running on the latest version of the Apple TV app.
- If the app goes outdated, update it to the latest version to avoid various streaming errors.
- Check for service interruptions by checking the System Status page of third-party service providers’ websites.
- If you spot any issues related to service interruptions, then wait until the issue resolves and then start playing the video.
- If you encounter any problem while signing in with your Apple ID, try resetting your Apple ID password.
- You can also use two-factor authentication to sign in to your Apple account for more security.
- Check whether you have connected to a stable internet connection.
- If you are connected to a cellular network, switch to WIFI to improve the signal strength.
- Watching the Apple TV app on multiple devices might be the problem.
- Ensure you didn’t exceed the streaming device limit of Apple TV+ or Apple TV channels.
- You can switch to another device and try streaming the contents on different devices.
The Apple TV app is one of the best services that provide a better streaming experience with exclusive content. It has become a new home for thousands of shows, hand-picked collections of editors’ choices, etc. You can enjoy seamless streaming of Apple TV content on almost every streaming platform and AirPlay-enabled devices. If you encounter any issues that prohibit you from featuring Apple TV app content, contact the Apple support center for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will find the Apple TV app on Samsung Smart TV in 2019 or later models. Other Samsung Smart TVs are incompatible. You can download Apple TV on a smart TV only if you find the device in the Smart Hub.
Yes. You can use the AirPlay feature on your Philips TV to mirror your iPhone or iPad screen to watch the contents from iOS devices to your Philips smart TV.
- Best Apple TV Party Games to Play with Friends & Family
- How to Watch NFL RedZone on Apple TV
- How to Get PBS KIDS on Apple TV
- How to Watch Nick at Nite on Apple TV
- How to Watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate ABC News on Your Apple TV
- How to Watch Cinemax on Apple TV
- How to Add and Watch Apple TV on PS5