How to Install and Watch CBS on Apple TV
CBS is an American commercial broadcasting television network owned by Paramount Global. It is an all-in-one service to stream thousands of episodes, on-demand TV shows, CBS Originals, etc. With CBS, you can even stream live TV channels, including NFL, CBSN, CBS Sports HQ, and ET Live. To experience all the content on CBS, you need to get a TV Provider subscription. You can download the CBS app from the App Store on Apple TV 4th generation or later models (tvOS 13.0 or later). Those with Apple TV 3rd generation or older models can get CBS on Apple TV using the screen mirroring method.
How to Get CBS on Apple TV
1. Turn On your Apple TV and make sure to connect it to the Internet.
2. Locate the App Store on the Apple TV home screen and select it.
3. Click the Search option in the menu bar.
4. Type CBS in the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
5. From the search results, select the CBS app.
6. On the app info screen, click the Get icon to install the app on your Apple TV.
How to Activate CBS on Apple TV
1. Open the CBS app on your tvOS and hit the Settings tab at the top.
2. Note down the 5-digit activation code displayed on the TV screen.
3. Visit the website https://www.cbs.com/activate/appletv/ from any browser on your PC/Smartphone.
4. Enter the code on the box and click Activate.
5. Now, choose your TV Provider and enter the required login details to activate the app.
6. After activation, launch the app on your Apple TV and stream your favorite live TV channel.
How to Screen Mirror CBS on Apple TV from iPhone/iPad
You can also screen mirror the CBS app on tvOS using your iPhone or iPad. To do it, connect the iOS device and Apple TV to the same WiFi.
1. Open the CBS app on your iPhone. If you haven’t installed the app, visit the App Store on your iOS device to install the latest version of the CBS app.
2. Sign in to your CBS account using the Provider’s credentials.
3. Select the CBS content that you want to stream on the TV.
4. Navigate to the Control Center panel and click the Screen Mirroring icon.
5. From the list of available devices, select your Apple TV.
6. Once the connection is established, you can stream the video on your Apple TV.
How to Fix CBS Not Working on Apple TV
In some situations, this app exhibits a loading screen and does not work properly on Apple TV. There are plenty of reasons for CBS not working on tvOS. Some of the primary reasons are listed below.
- Low Internet Connectivity.
- Excesssive app cache.
- Outdated app version.
- Outdated tvOS.
- CBS Server Outage.
- Connect the Apple TV to a strong Internet connection.
- Clear the CBS app cache.
- Close and relaunch the app.
- Update the app on Apple TV.
- Update the Apple TV.
- Finally, restart the tvOS to fix the CBS not working issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The CBS app is free to install and use. But to access all the content, you need to sign in to the app using your TV Provider’s credentials.
Yes. You can install CBS Sports on Apple TV from the App Store.
You can install streaming apps like Hulu, DirecTV Stream, Sling TV, fuboTV, and Paramount Plus on Apple TV to watch CBS without cable.
- How to Add and Live Stream MLB on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate ITV Hub (ITVX) on Apple TV
- How to Watch Ted Lasso Season 3 Without Apple TV
- How to Block Ads on Apple TV [Possible Ways]
- How to Install and Activate ABC on Apple TV
- How to Add and Watch ESPN on Apple TV
- How to Install and Watch F1 TV [Formula 1] on Apple TV
- How to Add and Listen to iHeartRadio on Apple TV