How to Install and Watch CNN on Apple TV
Cable News Network (CNN) is a global news-based television network that covers news in different categories such as World, US Politics, Business, Health, Lifestyle, Entertainment, Sports, and more. In addition to news, it also includes several CNN Originals like Diana and Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown. You need to sign in to the app using your TV Provider credentials. CNN is supported for Apple TV that runs on tvOS 14.0 or later. You can install the CNN app directly from the App Store on Apple TV.
How to Get CNN on Apple TV
#1. Navigate to the home screen on your Apple TV.
#2. Open the App Store by clicking on it.
#3. Type CNN on the search bar using the virtual keyboard and search for the app.
#4. The app info page appears. Tap on the Get option to download the CNN app.
How to Activate CNN on Apple TV
#1. Launch the CNN app after installation.
#2. You will see an activation code on the TV screen.
#3. Visit the website edition.cnn.com/activate from a browser on your Smartphone/PC.
#4. Select Apple TV and enter the activation code.
#5. Hit the Continue to Verify button.
#6. Choose your TV Provider and enter the login credentials of your TV provider.
#7. Now, restart the CNN app on Apple TV and stream your favorite news show.
How to AirPlay CNN on Apple TV
CNN app is not supported for old generation Apple TV that runs below tvOS 14.0. If you are using older models, you can AirPlay the CNN videos on tvOS from the CNN app on your iOS device.
Before going into the steps, make sure to fulfill the requirements mentioned below.
- Update the iPhone (iOS 14.1 or above) or iPad (iPadOS 14.1 or later) to the latest version.
- Connect the iPhone and Apple TV to the same WiFi.
#1. Navigate to the App Store on your iOS device and install the CNN app.
#2. Once installed, launch the CNN app and sign in to your account.
#3. Play any content on the CNN app and tap the AirPlay icon on the player screen.
#4. From the list of devices, select your Apple TV to cast the video.
#5. Finally, enjoy streaming CNN news on your tvOS.
How to Watch CNN Outside the US
CNN is the most popular news channel globally, but it is geo-blocked in some countries. You can easily bypass the restriction using a secure VPN on Apple TV. Selecting a VPN service based on speed, servers, stability, and price can be difficult. We recommend you use the best VPN services like ExpressVPN or NordVPN to get better security features. After purchasing a subscription, launch the VPN app and connect to any US server to watch CNN videos without any issues.
Features and Highlights
- Get updates on daily news, professional commentary, and in-depth disclosure.
- Read or bookmark articles for future purposes.
- Create custom news alerts and notifications.
- Play and listen to CNN Live audio anytime.
- Watch specialized newscasts from reputable anchors you trust.
- For users in USA and Canada, log in with your TV provider to watch CNN, CNNi, and HLN live coverage.
- In addition, you can stream CNN Original series and films using your TV provider.
You can watch CNN without cable by installing streaming apps like Hulu, Sling TV, DirecTV Stream, YouTube TV, and fuboTV on Apple TV.
CNN Plus was discontinued on April 30, 2022.
The CNN app may not work properly if there is a poor internet connection. So, connect the Apple TV to stable WiFi.
- How to Add and Live Stream MLB on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate ITV Hub (ITVX) on Apple TV
- How to Watch Ted Lasso Season 3 Without Apple TV
- How to Block Ads on Apple TV [Possible Ways]
- How to Install and Activate ABC on Apple TV
- How to Add and Watch ESPN on Apple TV
- How to Install and Watch F1 TV [Formula 1] on Apple TV
- How to Add and Listen to iHeartRadio on Apple TV