Entertainment and Sports Programming Network, shortly known as ESPN, is a popular American sport streaming network. The ESPN network has a few channels, including ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3, ESPNU, and SECN. With the ESPN app on your Apple TV, you can enjoy live streaming of sports, on-demand sports events, news, highlights, expert analysis, ESPN+ Originals, and more. In other words, you will never miss out on your favorite sports and updates about the event with ESPN. Furthermore, in comparison to other sports streaming services, ESPN+ is way more affordable. Also, you can enjoy streaming pretty much all of your favorite sports events.
The user can follow their favorite teams, players, leagues, and more. If you love sports, then add and stream ESPN on your device. ESPN hosts a variety of events for different sports. It includes MLB, UFC, NHL, PGA Tour, MLS, and Bundesliga.
Subscription Plans on ESPN
You need an ESPN+ subscription to unlock the ESPN library.
- The cost of the ESPN+ is $6 per month with a seven-day free trial.
- Also, ESPN gives you the downloading feature to let you watch shows offline.
- However, the ESPN + app doesn’t have any DVR facilities for storing your favorite shows.
- Additionally, you can access the ESPN library with a suitable TV Provider subscription.
- Popular streaming services like YouTube TV, Sling TV, and Hulu include ESPN, and you can use the account credentials to stream ESPN.
How to Get ESPN on Apple TV
In the AppleTV App store, you can find the ESPN app to add to your device. If you have the required subscription, then you can unlock the ESPN library. Follow these steps to add the ESPN channel successfully.
1. Connect Apple TV to WIFI after turning it on.
2. Click on the App Store and open it.
3. Using the virtual on-screen keyboard, type and search for ESPN.
4. From the app suggestions, select ESPN.
5. Next, select the Get button and then start downloading the app.
6. Once done, open the ESPN App from the home screen.
7. With this, you will get the ESPN Activation Code on your screen.
8. Using any web browser of your choice, visit the ESPN Activation site.
9. In the respective field, enter the Activation Code.
10. Click on Enter and then add credentials of your TV Provider subscription.
11. Finally, enjoy streaming your favorite ESPN shows on your TV.
How to Stream ESPN on Apple TV Via AirPlay
1. Keep your Apple TV and your iOS devices connected to the same WIFI.
2. Download and install the ESPN app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
3. Launch the ESPN app after the installation and provide the ESPN login details.
4. Now, select any sports event or title to start playing.
5. Open the Control Center and select the Screen Mirroring icon.
6. Go ahead to choose your Apple TV name and wait for the connection to establish.
7. You shall now watch the ESPN screen of your iOS on the Apple TV.
How to Watch ESPN on Apple TV without Cable
If you are looking for alternative options to stream ESPN, then here is a list of options to choose from.
Sling TV is a popular streaming service with your favorite live TV channels. It has two base plans: Sling Blue and Sling Orange that you need to subscribe to. Both of these plans include ESPN.
- The Sling Orange Basic Plan streams over thirty channels at just $30 per month.
- At the same time, the Sling Blue plan has 45 channels at $35 per month.
- Also, you can add more add-on channels with Sling TV.
- Sling Orange and Sling Blue plans have more than fifty channels at just $50 per month.
Hulu with Live TV
Hulu + Live TV is an ad-based live TV streaming service from Hulu. It has both an ad-based and ad-free tier to choose from. You can enjoy streaming ESPN among the live TV channels of Hulu+Live TV.
- Hulu + Live TV (Ad-based): $64.99 per month.
- Hulu+Live TV (Ad-free): $70.99 per month.
- All these plans come with a free seven-day trial.
YouTube TV is a premium ad-based streaming service from Google that streams your favorite live TV channels. The live channels on YouTube TV include ESPN as well.
- YouTube TV streams more than eighty channels at $64.99 per month.
- Also, you get unlimited DVR storage space to record as many shows as you want.
- Additionally, you can add six individual accounts in your household with a single subscription. These accounts will have individual login, recommendations, and DVR.
- Also, you can stream from three simultaneous devices with one single subscription at the same time.
How to Fix ESPN Not Working on Apple TV
ESPN may not work on Apple TV for varied reasons. Irrespective of the cause, the issue can be resolved with the below fixes.
- Ensure the WIFI or internet is speed and stable
- Check for the ESPN server outages
- Relaunch the ESPN app
- Update the app with the latest version
- Update Apple TV OS
- Delete and reinstall the ESPN app
- Reset Apple TV to factory settings
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can add ESPN to your device from the App store. However, you need a subscription to a TV Provider with ESPN or get an ESPN+ subscription.
ESPN+ is a subscription from ESPN that gives you access to the ESPN app. The ESPN+ charges you $6 per month with an additional seven-day free trial.
Visit https://www.espn.com/watch/activate after installing the ESPN app on your Apple TV. Provide the code displayed on your TV and press Continue to activate the service.
With ESPN+, you shall stream exclusive UFC events, NHL games, MLB events, College Basketball, etc.
It may be because you might have entered the wrong activation code. Try entering the right ESPN activation code
There is no free trial with ESPN+, and thus, one cannot stream it without a subscription.
It is available on services like Sling TV, YouTube TV, DirecTV Stream, Hulu+Live TV, etc.
It costs $7/month or $70/year.
- How to Watch Nick at Nite on Apple TV
- How to Install and Activate Hallmark Channel on Apple TV
- How to Live Stream beIN Sports on Apple TV
- How to Get Travel Channel on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate ITV Hub (ITVX) on Apple TV
- How to Add and Stream Fox Sports on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate TSN on Apple TV
- How to Watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on Apple TV