FaceTime is a useful app for making audio and video calls to anyone. FaceTime comes pre-installed on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. With this app, you can easily connect up to 32 people in a video call. Unfortunately, to date, it is not available for Apple TV. But using the AirPlay feature from your iOS device, you can screen mirror FaceTime on Apple TV. In this article, we will discuss how to use FaceTime in detail.
Is FaceTime Free?
FaceTime app is completely free to access on all iOS devices. You just need to sign-up with your Apple ID and follow the instructions to register a new account. It requires a strong internet connection to call or receive it from the other end.
Features of FaceTime
- Ideal for both video and audio calls.
- Watch videos and listen to music using SharePlay.
- It supports screen sharing.
- Filter background noise with mic modes – wide spectrum and voice isolation.
- Portrait mode will make your background blur.
- Spatial audio for a better audio experience over the calls.
FaceTime on Apple TV
As discussed earlier, we know that the FaceTime app cannot be installed on Apple TV. Further, you can use any iOS device and mirror the screen directly to the Apple TV. With this, you will get access to FaceTime, and the process involves the following methods.
- Install FaceTime on any iOS device.
- Make a FaceTime Call.
- Use AirPlay to mirror the screen to Apple TV.
How to Install FaceTime?
FaceTime comes pre-installed on your iOS device by default. You can proceed with the below steps if you don’t find FaceTime on your device.
#1. Launch the App Store on iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch).
#2. Click on the search bar, enter FaceTime and search for it.
#3. Select FaceTime from the results and proceed to click the Get option on the App Store.
#4. It will start downloading the app on your device.
After a few seconds, FaceTime will be successfully installed and ready to make a FaceTime call.
How to Make A FaceTime Call?
The following steps will help you to make a FaceTime call.
#1. Launch FaceTime and sign in with your Apple ID.
#2. On the next screen, click New FaceTime.
#3. Now enter the person’s phone number and email address.
#4. After that, click on the Audio button or FaceTime icon.
You can also place a video call from your iOS device while you are speaking over a call.
How to AirPlay FaceTime to Apple TV?
Here is a guide to AirPlay FaceTime using your iOS device.
#1. Make sure to connect your Apple TV and iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network.
#2. Launch Control Center on your iPhone/iPad and tap the Screen Mirroring option.
#3. From the available devices, Select your Apple TV.
#4. Passcode will be shown on the Apple TV screen. Enter it on your iOS device.
#5. It will start screen mirroring, launch FaceTime and make a call.
Great Job! You can able to see the video of a FaceTime call on your Apple TV.
FaceTime Supported Devices
- iPad Pro (all models)
- iPhone 4 or later
- iPad 2 or later
- iPad mini (all models)
- iPod touch 4th generation or later
Note: iPod Touch 5th generation or later can only support FaceTime audio calling.
Yes, it is supported only for Apple devices.
Yes, you can make a call by just entering the recipient’s email address.
Yes, it is absolutely free to make calls to other FaceTime in any country.
- How to Install and Activate Hallmark Channel on Apple TV
- How to Live Stream beIN Sports on Apple TV
- How to Get Travel Channel on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate ITV Hub (ITVX) on Apple TV
- How to Add and Stream Fox Sports on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate TSN on Apple TV
- How to Watch FIFA World Cup 2022 on Apple TV
- How to Install and Watch HGTV on Apple TV