Google Meet is a well-known video conferencing app developed by Google. It is the business-oriented version of Google’s Hangouts and is well-suitable for business purposes. You can use AirPlay to stream or share Google Meet from your Apple devices, such as iPhone or iPad, to your Apple TV. It is one of the top rivals of the Zoom meetings app. Thus, you can watch the meeting from the big screen with Google Meet.
What’s on Google Meet
The key highlights of using Google Meet are as follows.
Note: As Google Meet isn’t officially made for TVs, you may not find a few features working on the Apple TV.
- Google Meet supports making video calls with up to 30 users with high-definition video conferencing.
- The users can either join a pre-scheduled meeting from calendar events or schedule a meeting.
- Google Meet also can mute and turn off the video/audio during the meeting.
- You can now create or open new digital whiteboarding integration on a Meet video call.
- With Google Meets, you can make a video call with unlimited duration for up to 24 hours.
- It has a polling feature, through which presenters can get feedback or reviews from the participants.
- Meet adapts to low light conditions and provides improved video quality even in less illuminated rooms.
- Google Meet also includes a blur background feature that helps to reduce distractions from the messy background during the meeting.
How to Initiate/Join Meeting on Google Meet
You can access Google Meet via the Google Meet app, Gmail app, or as a web client. You should have a Google Meet app or Gmail app, or Google account along with the Google Calendar app to initiate a meeting in Google Meet.
You can schedule a meeting on the Google Meet app on your iPhone by the below steps.
1). On your iPhone, go to the Google Calendar app.
2). On Google Calendar, tap on the multicolored + (Plus) button, which is at the bottom of the screen
3). Then, choose Event and then tap on Add conferencing.
4). Now, select Google Meet and then select a time, choose the participants, and add reminders.
5). Finally, tap on the Save button at the top to save the Google Meet settings.
There are two ways to join the meeting using Google Meet, and you can choose either of the ways based on your convenience.
If the meeting organizer sent you a link to join the meeting in a chat message or email, click on the meeting. Then, follow the onscreen instructions to join the meeting.
Via Google Meet
On Google Meet App, you can only join in the meetings scheduled through Google Calendar.
1). On your iPhone, open the web browser and visit https://meet.google.com/.
2). From the list of scheduled events, select the meeting you want to join.
3). Then, click Join Now.
Note: If you want to access Whatsapp Videos on Apple TV, you shall Screen Mirror/Cast it from your iOS devices.
How to Screen Mirror Google Meet to Apple TV
To access Google Meet on Apple TV, you must use the Screen Mirroring feature on your iPhone. It is the in-built casting option to mirror the iPad/iPhone display to your Apple TV. You can Screen Mirror Google Meet from your iPhone to your Apple TV by the below steps.
Pre-Requisite: Connect your iPhone and Apple TV to the same WiFi network with a stable internet connection.
1). Connect your iPhone and your Apple TV to the same WIFI network.
2) To open Control Center on your iPhone.
3) Tap on the Screen Mirroring icon from the Control Centre.
4) Select your Apple TV from the available devices under screen mirroring.
5) If you are connecting your iPhone and Apple TV for the first time, Apple TV prompts you to enter the passcode. Enter the passcode and proceed with the process
6) Wait for the iPhone to mirror the Google Meet on your Apple TV.
7) Now, launch Google Meet and begin your conferencing. Google Meet displays on your TV.
8) To stop mirroring your iOS device, open Control Center and tap Screen Mirroring, then tap Stop Mirroring.
How to AirPlay Google Meet from Mac on Apple TV
Instead of screen mirroring Google Meet from your iPhone, you can also use your MacBook to AirPlay Mirroring to your Apple TV.
1). To AirPlay MacBook to Apple TV, connect your Mac and Apple TV to the WIFI network on your home.
2). On your Mac, go to Control Centre and click the Screen Mirroring icon.
3). Then, choose Apple TV from the list of available devices.
4). Click the AirPlay status icon on the home screen and click Match Desktop Size To: Apple TV to set the desktop size to match the Apple TV screen.
5). From a browser, visit the Google Meet website (https://meet.google.com/) and enter the code to join the meeting.
Now, you can watch your Google Meet on your Apple TV from your Mac. While using AirPlay Mirroring, the AirPlay status icon will appear in blue.
You can only see the video on the Apple TV screen, and you cannot transfer the audio output to the TV. Alternatively, you can listen to the audio on your iPhone or iPad while watching the meeting video of Google Meet on Apple TV. If you have any other trouble connecting to Google Meet on your Apple TV, contact Apple support for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Google Meet is supported by iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices running iOS 12.0 or later versions. As your system software updates, the app will get the latest tools and fixes.
Yes. You don’t necessarily require a Google Account to use Google Meet to join video meetings. However, if you don’t have a Google Account, the meeting organizer or someone from the organization must grant you access to join the meeting. If you are not signed into a Google or Gmail account, you can’t able to join using your phone or other devices.
- How to Get and Activate AMC on Apple TV
- How to Install Tennis Channel on Apple TV
- How to Get PBS KIDS on Apple TV
- How to Add and Activate NBC Sports on Apple TV
- How to Install and Activate CNBC on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate HGTV on Apple TV
- How to Install and Activate TBS on Apple TV
- How to Get Zoom Meeting on Apple TV