Apple TV is one of the coolest streaming services available today. The latest Apple TV streams videos in 4K, thereby bringing you a whole new TV experience. The Apple TV 4K has been properly remodeled to make it more efficient. This Apple TV device comes with a cool Apple TV Siri Remote. So, you can use Siri to control functions on your Apple TV. Also, you can enjoy content from multiple apps on your device. You can enjoy movies, series, and games from different apps on your Apple TV. If you have recently purchased an Apple TV device, you might find it hard to perform basic functions in it. This section will guide you on how to download apps on Apple TV.
How to Download Apps on Apple TV
We can add apps easily on our Apple TV. Here is a simplified guide to help you download apps on the device.
1. Initially, open the App Store app on your device.
2. Type and search for any app that you want to download.
3. From the results, pick your app.
4. If you see a Get button, it means that the app is free to download. So click on the Get button.
5. Premium apps show you the price to get them downloaded.
6. Sometimes, you can see an Open button instead of a Get button. It means that you have already downloaded the app.
7. Some apps will include in-app purchases to provide you with certain features.
How to Launch the App on Apple TV?
Once you download an app from the App Store, you can access it on your home screen. To launch the app, follow these steps.
1. Initially, launch the home screen on your TV.
2. Navigate to the app that you just downloaded to your device.
3. Click on the app icon and launch the app.
How to Re-Download Apps on Apple TV
Whether you have purchased an app or if the particular app is universally available for Apple TV and iOS, you can re-download it from the Purchased tab.
1. Open the App Store on your Apple TV.
2. Navigate to select the Purchased tab.
3. Scroll to the app you want to download.
4. Hit the App icon.
5. Finally, select the Download from iCloud button.
6. With this, the app will restore.
Why can’t I Add Apps to my Apple TV?
Sometimes you might come across situations when the apps on your Apple TV can’t be downloaded. This is not a common issue, but you can’t always rule out the possibility of this from happening. Here are a few troubleshooting tips to help you fix these issues on Apple TV.
Restart your Apple TV
If you find issues with downloading apps, try restarting Apple TV. With a restart, your Apple TV can fix issues in itself. |To restart, go to Settings > System > Restart on your Apple TV.
Check for Software Updates
If your Apple TV is not running on the latest tvOS, you might face issues with downloading apps. So, you need to check for updates and update your software. Go to Settings > System > Software Updates > Update Software. Now, your device starts checking for updates. Once it is over, download and install it on your device.
Sign Out of your Account
If the issues continue, you might need to Sign out of your Apple TV account. Further, you can Sign In to it after a few seconds.Go to Settings > Accounts > iTunes and App Store > Sign Out. After this, restart your Apple TV. Finally, go to Settings > Accounts > iTunes and App Store and sign in and enter your Apple ID.
Check your Internet Connection
You need to be on a strong Internet connection so that you can download apps on your Apple TV. If you have issues, then restart your wireless router. If the issue continues, it might be due because of issues on your provider network.
With these troubleshooting tips, you can fix most issues on your device. Also, you can download apps on your device. However, if the issue continues, you might need to reset your Apple TV. Ensure that you have a strong Wi-Fi connection before starting the reset.
Related: How to Restart Apps on Apple TV?
Frequently Asked Questions
The first three generations of Apple TV don’t have an App Store, and you can’t add apps to them. You can get the App Store only on 4th Generation Apple TV devices and other latest devices.
If you can’t find the App Store on your Apple TV, you might need to reset your device. After resetting the device to factory settings, try setting it up.
- How to Install Tennis Channel on Apple TV
- How to Get PBS KIDS on Apple TV
- How to Add and Activate NBC Sports on Apple TV
- How to Install and Activate CNBC on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate HGTV on Apple TV
- How to Install and Activate TBS on Apple TV
- How to Get Zoom Meeting on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate Sling TV on Apple TV