Hulu has found its place among the leading streaming services with its quality content. This American streaming service brings you hundreds of mind-blowing movies and series. All of the content on this service can only be accessed with a subscription. Accessing movies and series on Hulu is very simple, as it has a well-categorized library. So, you can search for content easily across genres, including action, horror, and comedy. This section will give you a much clearer idea of adding and streaming Hulu on your Apple TV.
Hulu is one of the must-have streaming apps on your device. The on-demand titles on Hulu are available for offline download and streaming. Popular shows on Hulu include Archer, Homeland, and Little Fires Everywhere. Furthermore, you can enjoy movies like Parasite, Gone Girl, Palm Spring, and Crawl on Hulu. It also has a subscription tier for you to stream Live TV channels. With a Live TV streaming service, you can enjoy popular sports, news, and entertainment channels.
Hulu Subscription Plans
Hulu has separate subscription plans for ad-based and ad-free streaming. So, you can completely choose a plan based on your convenience. Both of these plans have a free 7-day trial.
- Hulu’s ad-based plan streams over 3000 titles in different picture qualities, including 4K at $5.99 per month.
- The ad-free Hulu subscription also streams 3000 titles at $11.99 per month and lets you download shows to watch offline. The picture quality in this tier includes 720p, 1080p, and 4K Ultra HD.
- The Hulu + Live TV subscription streams popular channels at $64.99 per month. However, this plan includes ads between the shows.
- To enjoy an ad-free Live TV experience on Hulu, get a $70.99 per month Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV plan.
Classic Hulu App on Apple TV 2 and 3
Users with 2nd and 3rd generations models will have pre-installed Classic Hulu app on their device. But, it has certain restrictions. It doesn’t support Live TV, Multiple devices, and DVR access. You can stream the Showtime premium add-on content. But you can’t access content on other addons like STARZ, Cinemax, and HBO. Since these devices lack App store support, you can’t download the latest Hulu app.
Latest Hulu App on Apple TV 4 and 4K
Since Apple TV 4 and 4K supports downloading apps from the App Store, you can download and install the latest version of the Hulu app from the App store. Unlike the classic version, the latest Hulu app comes with a sleek and personalized look along with support for live TV and DVR. You can also stream the addon networks like HBO, Showtime, Starz, and Cinemax (if subscribed). It also supports creating different profiles for all household members. For example, you can create a Kid profile for your child to stream the Kids related movies and TV shows.
How to Get Hulu on Apple TV
The new Hulu application is available for download on Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K. All you need to do is download the app from the App Store. Then, follow these instructions and add the app to your device.
Pocket Guide: Launch the App Store >> select the Search bar >> type Hulu and select it >> click Get >> select Open.
1. On your Apple TV, launch the App Store.
2. On the search bar, type and search for the Hulu app.
3. From the search results, choose the Hulu app.
4. Further, click on the Get button and then start downloading the app.
5. Finally, wait for the app download to complete.
6. Launch the Hulu app on your device as the download gets over.
7. Provide the Hulu Apple TV login or credentials to Sign In to the app.
8. Finally, start streaming the shows from Hulu on your TV.
Important: The app is not available on the older versions of Apple TV. You can only stream the classic Hulu app on the second and third-generation Apple TVs. The app comes pre-installed on these devices. However, this app doesn’t support Hulu features, including Live TV, DVR, and multiple profiles. Furthermore, streaming Hulu with Apple TV has a few limitations, including a lack of HBO, Cinemax, and Starz add-ons.
Alternative Method: How to Watch Hulu on Apple TV Via Screen Mirroring
1. Start by connecting your Apple TV and iOS device to the same WIFI.
2. Launch the App Store from the apps section and click on the Magnifier icon.
3. Type on the Search bar as Hulu and select the same when you get the suggestions.
4. Click on the Get button to install it. Optionally, you shall click on the app to read its description.
5. Launch the Hulu app on your iOS device after the installation.
6. Select any title to play and click on the AirPlay icon.
7. Then, choose your Apple TV from the available devices.
8. With this, your iOS screen will start screen mirroring, and you can watch live on your Apple TV.
Related: Prime Video on Apple TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Both Apple TV HD and 4k support Hulu, and you can find the app in the App Store and install it on your TV easily.
You might come across Hulu on Apple TV not working error, or Hulu won’t load on Apple TV 4k when there is an issue with the internet or if its servers are down. Besides this, it fails to work due to technical errors.
Hulu is supported on multiple devices. It includes Android devices, iOS devices, Android TV, Smart TVs, Roku, Xbox, and PlayStation.
Yes. Hulu is on Apple TV’s 4th generation, and you can download it directly from the App Store.
To cancel your Hulu subscription, navigate to Settings on Apple TV >> select Users and Account >> Account name >> Subscription >> select Hulu subscription >> Cancel your susbcription.
To update the Hulu app, open the App Store to select the Purchased section. Now, choose Hulu and check for any updated to install it.
It offers only a free trial for its new users. However, you cannot get it entirely for free.
- How to Install Tennis Channel on Apple TV
- How to Get PBS KIDS on Apple TV
- How to Add and Activate NBC Sports on Apple TV
- How to Install and Activate CNBC on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate HGTV on Apple TV
- How to Install and Activate TBS on Apple TV
- How to Get Zoom Meeting on Apple TV
- How to Get and Activate Sling TV on Apple TV