Have you ever felt the need to share your iPhone screen with your Apple TV so you can show something on your phone to your friends or family? If yes, then you have come to the right place. Screen mirroring is a very useful feature that comes in-built with your iPhone. You can use this option to share your iPhone to your Apple Box through the AirPlay function. It means you can see anything you are doing on your iPhone on your Apple TV and the audio. Now, this function is very useful in different scenarios. Do you want to watch a video on your iPhone on a bigger screen? Or do you want to share a presentation that you have on your iPhone with your colleagues? Screen mirroring got you covered. In this article, we will discuss how to mirror iPhone to Apple TV.
How to Mirror iPhone to Apple TV
It is vital to turn on AirPlay on Apple TV before you start screen mirroring on the iPhone.
- Navigate to Apple TV Settings and select AirPlay. Select Turn On to enable it.
1. Initially, From the iPhone home, open the Control Center.
2. Then tap on the Screen Mirroring icon.
3. Further, from the list of available devices, choose your Apple TV device.
4. If an AirPlay passcode is displayed on your Apple TV screen, enter the AirPlay passcode on your iPhone.
Once the connection is established between your iPhone and Apple TV, your screen will be shared with your Apple TV.
How to Turn Off Screen Mirroring
1. Once you are done sharing your iPhone Screen with your Apple TV, open the Control Center again.
2. Then, tap on the Screen Mirroring icon on the Control Center.
3. Finally, tap the Apple TV you are connected to uncheck it.
Screen Mirror from Media Player [Alternative Method]
The below steps are not applicable to all the media streaming platforms as not every app comes with an inbuilt AirPlay icon.
1. Firstly, open the media content you want to AirPlay to your Apple TV.
2. Then, if the app has an AirPlay icon on the media player, tap on it.
3. Further, from the list of available devices select your Apple TV device.
4. Wait for the connection to establish, the media will be now available on your Apple TV.
When you are done sharing your screen with Apple TV, tap on the AirPlay icon again and uncheck the Apple TV from the list.
These are the effective way in which you can screen mirror from iPhone to Apple TV. It is to note that you can mirror iPhone on Apple Box using the first method almost every time. However, the second method only works with media players that have an in-built AirPlay icon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can AirPlay your iPhone that plays any Apple TV shows to your Apple TV or AirPlay 2 compatible TV.
Yes. After turning on the screen mirroring feature on Roku, you can AirPlay your iPhone. The process doesn’t require Apple Box as Roku has in-built screen mirroring.
Yes. However, it requires a peer-to-peer feature to mirror your iPhone to Apple Box.
Yes. You can make your iPhone full screen on Apple TV. To do this, go to Settings >> AirPlay >> AirPlay Display Underscan.
You can find the feature on the Control Center of your iPhone.
Yes. However, you require the AirBeam TV app on your iPhone to share the iPhone to Panasonic TV.
You can share iPhone to TV without Apple TV for free if your Samsung TV is AirPlay 2 compatible.
- Best Apple TV Party Games to Play with Friends & Family
- How to Get TikTok on Apple TV [2 Ways]
- How to Add and Watch YES Network on Apple TV
- How to Watch NFL RedZone on Apple TV
- How to Watch REELZ Channel on Apple TV
- How to Get SYFY on Apple TV [3 Ways]
- How to Add and Live Stream MLB on Apple TV
- How to Add and Listen to iHeartRadio on Apple TV