Telegram is a messaging app in the social media world like WhatsApp initially. It is a more secure platform where messages are secured by end-to-end encryption. Nowadays, Telegram is not only a chatting application. Users can also create Telegram channels and share files, videos, and documents of any size for free. Thus users gain fame, and the community grows by creating a group with more than 2 lakh people in a single group. In addition, you can also be able to live stream on Telegram. Also, you can install and Access Telegram on Android TV in many ways. Let us discuss the same in the below section.
Related – How to get YouTube on Android TV
How to Install and Access Telegram on Android TV
Different ways to get Telegram for your Android TV are discussed below.
Install Telegram on Android TV Using Downloader
Telegram is unavailable for your Android TV. So, you have to sideload Telegram manually. The step to sideload Telegram App is as follows
1. Turn on your Android TV and go to Google Play Store on the TV
2. In the Google Play Store, select the Search option.
3. Type Downloader app and search for it.
4. Choose the Downloader app from the search result.
5. Select the Install button.
6. After installing the Downloader app, go to Settings and Click Device Preferences.
7. Under Device preferences, select Security and Restrictions.
8. Now, select Unknown Sources. Next, select the Downloader app and turn it on. Click Allow if prompted.
9. Type the URL of the Telegram APK file https://bit.ly/3qZbFmt to download and click Go.
10. Install the app and click Open to launch the Telegram App.
11. Login to your account and access it from your Android TV.
Cast Telegram to Android TV using Android Smartphone
You also have the option to screen mirror Telegram to your Android TV. The steps are as follows.
1. Connect your Android Smartphone and Android TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to the Google Play Store on your smartphone.
3. Search for Telegram App and install it. After installing, open it.
4. Sign in to the Telegram account with the phone number.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and select the Screen Cast option. Next, choose your Android TV to connect.
6. Now, enjoy the Telegram service on your Android TV.
Hence, you can enjoy Telegram services on Android TV. You can play the downloaded content available in Telegram Media player and access Telegram messages from your TV.
Related – How to Install Spotify on Android TV
1. Does Telegram support the cast option?
No, Telegram doesn’t support the cast option, but you can screen mirror your phone to TV.
2. What are the advantages of Telegram over WhatsApp?
WhatsApp limits the file types to be sent, but Telegram allows to send files.
3. Can we log the Telegram account on two devices?
You can log in to your Telegram account from as many devices.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Watch BritBox on Google TV
- How to Stream Foxtel Go on Apple TV [2 Ways]
- How to Cast NBA on Chromecast-connected TV
- How to Protect Your Device From Spy Apps
- The Growing Opportunities of Mobile Game Development
- Outlook vs. Thunderbird: In-Depth Comparison – 2022
- 7 Christmas Scams to Watch Out For
- How to Watch House of the Dragon on Firestick
- How to Install Soap2day on Firestick / Fire TV
- How to Find Your Archived Messages on Messenger