Most users use the Brave browser for two major reasons speed and security. It features a free ad blocker to stop trackers & ads at standard and aggressive levels. Furthermore, it has a Private Window with Tor to access the sites privately. If you are looking for a higher privacy and security browser other than Chrome, install the Brave browser on your Chromebook.
How to Install Brave Browser on Chromebook using Linux
To install the Brave browser on your Chromebook, you must install and set up Linux on your Chromebook.
1. Go to Settings on your Chromebook.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. On the left panel, click Apps from the list.
3. Turn on the Linux Beta or Linx development option on the right panel.
4. Enter the username and select the disk size.
5. Tap Install to start the installation.
6. Enter the following command and tap Enter.
sudo apt install firefox-esr
7. If prompted, type Y and tap Enter.
8. On the terminal window, type Exit and press Enter to close.
9. Launch the Linux Terminal on the Chromebook.
10. Enter the following command in the text field and tap the Enter button.
sudo apt install apt-transport-https curl
11. After that, type the next command in the Terminal window and press Enter.
sudo curl -fsSLo /usr/share/keyrings/brave-browser-archive-keyring.gpg https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/brave-browser-archive-keyring.gpg
12. Type the following command to import the required repository from the database.
echo "deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/brave-browser-archive-keyring.gpg arch=amd64] https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/ stable main"|sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/brave-browser-release.list
13. Prior to installing Brave, ensure to check whether the Terminal is up to date. Input the given command to download the latest package of the browser.
sudo apt-get update
14. After that, enter the following command to install Brave on your Chromebook.
sudo apt install brave-browser
15. Once you have entered the command, Chromebook will ask for confirmation. Tap Enter to confirm.
16. Lastly, the progress bar will display the status of the installation of the Brave browser.
How to Install Brave Browser on Chromebook using Google Play Store
1. Go to the Play Store on your Chromebook.
2. Type Brave Browser on the search bar and press Enter.
3. Select Brave browser from the suggestions and click Install.
4. After the installation, click Open to launch the Brave Browser.
If the Brave browser opens in Full-Screen mode, you can disable the full-screen mode on your Chromebook by tapping the ESC key.
Features of Brave Browser
- While compared to Chrome and Firefox, it loads webpages faster.
- You can import bookmarks and user profiles if you have turned on the sync feature.
- It gives maximum protection against malware and blocks third-party trackers.
- Customize the Brave shield according to your preference.
- Us night mode to view the web pages in low light.
First, go to the Play Store. Then, on the search bar, type Brave and click from the search results. Finally, tap on Install.
Brave browser is free, and you can use its premium features without paying. Moreover, you can get Brave rewards in the form of BAT Tokens by watching the ads.
Yes. You can enable developer mode on Chromebook.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.