Safe Mode, also known as Incognito Mode on Chrome, provides a safe browsing experience. You can browse with security by blocking the extensions which are added to the browser. Moreover, if Chrome stops responding or if you can’t access a particular site, you can enable the safe mode in it. Also, you can block third-party cookies while surfing in incognito or safe mode.
How to Open Safe Mode on Chrome [Windows/Mac]
1. Open the Chrome browser on your device.
2. Click on the three vertical metal balls icon in the top right corner.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Next, click on the New Incognito window. You can also use the Mac shortcut keys Shift + Command + N or Ctrl + Shift + N on Windows PC to open the New Incognito window.
How to Enable Chrome Safe Mode [Incognito] with Command Line
1. Navigate to the Command Prompt on your desktop.
2. Use the shortcut Win +
R and enter
cmd to open.
start chrome /incognito.
4. Hit the Enter button to open safe mode from the command prompt.
Alternatively, you can enter the command directly in the Run window.
How to Open Safe Mode on Google Chrome [Android Phone]
1. Launch Chrome on your Android smartphone.
2. Tap the vertical metal balls icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Select the New Incognito tab from the options listed to enable safe mode on Chrome.
How to Run Google Chrome in Safe Mode [iPhone/iPad]
Before moving into the steps, update the Chrome browser to the latest version.
1. Navigate to the Google Chrome app on your iOS device.
2. Tap the horizontal metal balls icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Click on the New incognito tab.
1. On the Google Chrome app, tap the number of tabs.
2. Find the incognito symbol at the top. Tap it.
3. Hit the Plus (+) icon at the bottom to open a new tab on your iOS device under safe mode.
How to Open Safe Mode Automatically on Google Chrome
You can make Google Chrome automatically open an incognito browser window.
1. On the home screen of your desktop, right-click on Chrome and click Properties.
2. Navigate to the Shortcut tab and look for the Target field.
3. At the end of the command on the Target field, add the incognito keyword just after the double quotes.
4. Click Apply, then click OK.
By doing this, all your tabs on Google Chrome will always open in incognito mode or safe mode by default.
1. Press Cmd + Space and type
script editor on your Mac. Double Click on the Script Editor to open it.
2. Copy and paste the command
do shell script “open -a Google\ Chrome –new –args -incognito" on the blank script editor window.
3. Click the hammer icon to compile. Either way, click Script and Compile the code.
4. Go ahead and click the Play button to Run the code. Alternatively, you can click on Script → Run.
Finally, Chrome will open in incognito mode by default on your Mac.
How to Enable Enhanced Safety Mode on Google Chrome
Enhanced safety mode or Safe Browsing is a new security feature available on Chrome for enhanced protection, such as warning against malicious sites, improved security, etc.
1. Launch the Chrome browser.
2. Click Customize and Control Chrome (vertical dots) icon → Settings
3. Click Privacy and Security → Security.
4. Under Safe Browsing, choose Enhanced protection or Standard protection.
If you face any issues after enabling this option, restart your Chrome browser to fix the issue.
Tip: You can block websites on Chrome with or without using an extension to keep your browsing safe and secure.
How to Enable Safe Mode on Chrome using Extensions
To enable safe mode, you can use any of the best VPN extensions for Chrome.
1. Open the Chrome Browser and go to the Chrome Web Store.
2. Search for the VPN extension and tap Add to Chrome option.
3. Click Add extension in the prompt to continue.
4. Click on the Extension options and pin the extension for easy access.
There are plenty of free and premium extensions for Chrome that you browse with complete security and privacy.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.