How to Change Download Location in Google Chrome
In the Google Chrome browser, you can download videos, photos, documents, and much more. By default, all the downloaded files will be saved in the Downloads folder on your PC. This is because the Downloads folder can be accessed easily by the users. Like other customization features, you can also change the download location on Google Chrome based on your preference.
How to Change Download Location on Chrome [Windows & Mac]
1. Open the Chrome browser on your Windows or Mac PC.
2. Tap the Vertical ellipsis button to open Customize and Control Google Chrome menu.
3. Now, select Settings from the list of options.
4. Look for Downloads in the side menu, then click on it.
5. Now, click on the Change button near the Location. If the Change button is not available, update your Chrome browser to its latest firmware and try again.
6. Then, you will be prompted to choose a location on your PC. Select your preferred location and click the Select Folder button.
7. Now, all the files you have downloaded on Chrome will be saved in the same folder.
Change Download Location Every Time
Follow the steps below to choose a different storage path each time when you download a file on Chrome.
1. Launch the Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Select the Menu icon and click on the Settings option.
3. Pick Downloads from the left panel.
4. On the right panel, turn On the toggle button near the option Ask where to save each file before downloading.
5. Now, you will see the prompt to choose a location every time when you download a file on Google Chrome.
How to Change Download Folder on Chrome [Android Smartphone]
1. Open the Google Chrome browser on your Android smartphone.
2. Tap on the Ellipsis icon and navigate to the Downloads section.
3. Hit the Gear icon located at the top of the Downloads section.
4. Now, tap on the Download location option. If you have an SD card inserted into your Android device, then you will get to change your download location to an SD card.
5. Similarly, you can turn on the Ask where to save files toggle to assign different download locations for each file.
How to Change Download Path on Chrome [iPhone/iPad]
Unlike other platforms, changing the download location in Chrome on iOS devices involves a different method.
1. Launch Google Chrome on your iOS device.
2. Before downloading a media, long press it and then open it in a new tab.
3. In the new tab where the image is opened, you will probably see the Open in option. Go ahead and tap on it.
4. Now, tap on Save to Files from the list of options.
5. So, now choose your iPhone storage (On My iPhone) or integrated cloud storage (iCloud Drive) as your storage location.
6. Now, the file will be downloaded to your desired location on the iPhone or iPad.
Other Google Chrome Guides:
- How to Find Saved Passwords on Google Chrome.
- How to Take a Full Page Screenshot on Chrome Browser.
- How to Change Background on Google Chrome.
Go to your Downloads folder and then right-click on it. Now, choose Properties from the list of options. Change the directory of the folder to the hard drive under the Location tab.
Press the Ctrl + J to open the Downloads menu to view all the downloaded files on the Chrome browser.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- Shipt Free Trial: Free Delivery Membership for Up to 3 Years
- Expedite TV IPTV: Watch 6500+ Channels & 15000 VOD at $9.50/month
- How to Stream SoundCloud on Apple TV
- How to Download and Stream IPTV on TCL Smart TV
- How to Build Trust in Your Distributed Team: 5 Tips for Effective Management
- Excellent Cloud File Manager in 2023
- How to Install and Use Indigo Kodi Addon
- How to Get Stremio on Roku / Roku TV
- 100+ Free IPTV M3U Playlist URL & File [Updated – March 2023]
- How to Design a Catchy Digital Character