Most of us use Google Chrome for our growing needs. By default, Google is the search engine on the Chrome browser. For a normal user, the search engine won’t have a major effect. But, if you are working with SEO and related stuff, you must work with multiple search engines. On that note, Chrome offers multiple search engines. You can easily change the search engine in Chrome from the settings section of the browser.
How to Change Default Search Engine in Google Chrome [Windows/Mac]
1. Open the Chrome browser on your Windows or Mac and click the three-dotted icon.
2. Then, click on the Settings option.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Select the Search Engine option.
4. Click on the drop-down box.
5. You can find some alternative search engines.
6. Click on any of the options and change the default search engine in Chrome.
Add New Search Engine on Google Chrome
1. Click on the three-dotted icon in Chrome.
2. Choose Settings from the appeared menu and click on Search Engine.
3. Then, click on Manage search engines and site search.
4. Select the Add icon and enter the required details.
5. After adding it, tap the three-dotted icon placed near the search engine you have added.
6. Hit the option Make default to set it as the default search engine on Chrome.
How to Change Default Search Engine in Chrome [Android & iPhone]
1. Click on the three-dots option on the top corner of the page on chrome.
2. Select Settings from the appeared menu.
3. In the Settings menu, click on Search Engine.
4. A list of a few search engines will appear. Tap on the preferred one.
5. Now, the search engine will be changed.
List of Search Engines on Google Chrome
The search engines offered by Google Chrome are listed below.
Note: On Android Phones, you will see the search engine Ecosia or Yandex instead of Info.com.
Change Search Engine on Other Web Browsers
Other than Chrome, if you are using popular web browsers like Safari, Brave, etc., on your device, refer to the below guides to change the search engine on that browsers too.
- How to Change Search Engine in Microsoft Edge.
- How to Change Search Engine in Safari Browser.
- How to Change Default Search Engine in Firefox.
- How to Change Search Engine on Brave Browser.
Yes. You can set Google Chrome as the default browser on your iPhone and iPad.
You will find issues in changing the search engine if you haven’t updated the Chrome browser to the latest version. To fix it, update the Chrome browser on your device.
On the Search Engine selection menu, click the three-dotted icon and choose the Delete option.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.