Firefox browser is known for its privacy and security features. Though Firefox has more secure features, it does store your browsing history, cache, and cookies. If you have concerns about your privacy, you can clear your Firefox history manually or automatically. Clearing the history removes the download history, active logins, cookies, cache, form and search history, site settings, and offline website data.
How to Delete Firefox History [Windows/Mac/Linux]
1. Open the Firefox browser, and click on the Application menu (Hamburger icon).
2. From the drop-down, click on Settings.
3. On the left, click on Privacy and Security.
4. Scroll down and go to the History section. Now, click on Clear History.
Note: You can also save passwords on Firefox by tweaking some settings in the Privacy and Security section.
5. It shows a pop-up. Select the time range from the drop-down and select the items to clear from the browser.
6. Finally, click on OK to delete the history on Firefox.
To avoid Firefox, remember browsing history, click on the drop-down near Firefox Will, choose Never remember history, and restart Firefox to apply the changes.
7. If you like to clear cookies, cache, and site data, go to the Cookies and Site Data section and click on Clear Data. You can click Manage Data to delete site data based on your preference. Moreover, select Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed check box to clear those data automatically.
Tip: Update your Firefox browser frequently to keep your browser stable, free from bugs, and secure against malware attacks.
You can delete Firefox history automatically by enabling the settings.
1. Click on the Hamburger menu → Settings → Privacy and Security.
2. Next, go down to the History section.
3. Click on the drop-down next to Firefox Will and choose Use custom settings for history.
4. Select Clear history when Firefox closes the checkbox. For modifications, you can click on Settings and change accordingly.
5. Upon closing the browser, Firefox clears your history automatically.
How to Delete the History of Specific Sites on Firefox
1. Click on the Application menu → History on your Firefox browser.
2. Next, click on Manage History at the bottom.
Note: You can clear the latest browsing history by clicking on Clear Recent History.
3. A library window gets opened. Click the History drop-down (on the left) and select the month.
4. On the right, select the site you want to delete and right-click on it.
5. Finally, click on Forget About This Site.
Likewise, you can remove the history of specific sites from your Firefox browser.
Tip: In addition to deleting history, Clear the cache on Firefox to improve the browser’s performance.
How to Clear Firefox History [Android Phone]
1. First, launch the Firefox browser on your smartphone.
2. Navigate to the History section and click Clear browsing data.
3. Upon confirmation, click on OK.
To delete specific items on your browser, click Menu → Settings → Clear private data. Then, select the data you want to delete and click Clear data.
To delete automatically, go to Menu → Settings → Privacy and select Clear private data on the exit check box. Then, select the items you wish to clear and click Set. When you close the Firefox browser, it automatically clears your browsing history and other data.
How to Clear Firefox History [iPhone/iPad]
1. Open the Firefox browser on your iPhone/iPad and click on Menu at the bottom (Top-right for iPad).
2. Click on History → Clear Recent History.
Note: For clearing specific sites, swipe right on the specific website and click Delete.
3. Finally, select the period and click on Delete.
If you can’t clear your history, restart your browser on your smartphone. If it doesn’t resolve, restart your smartphone to clear your history. Also, make sure that you are using the latest version of the Firefox browser.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install Nickelodeon Kodi Addon
- How to Mute a Tab in Chrome Browser
- How to Cancel Fortnite Crew Subscription
- How to Clear Firefox Cache [Smartphone & PC]
- How to Update Google Chrome Browser [Mobile & Desktop]
- Best Browser for Android TV / Android TV Box
- How to Reset Chrome Web Browser [Smartphone & PC]
- How to Install Les Mills on LG Smart TV
- How to Add and Watch Freevee on Roku
- How to Setup and Use Chromebook