When your Chrome browser loads slowly due to heavy usage, you might need to delete your history on Chrome. One of the major reasons for the Chrome browser slowing down is that it stores lots of cached images, files, cookies, and other site data. So, to make your Chrome browser load fast on any device like a PC, smartphone, or tablet, you need to delete your history, cache, cookies, etc.
How to Clear Browsing History on Chrome [Windows/Mac]
If you want to delete your entire browsing history, you can easily delete it from any device at once. It can be done only if you have signed into Chrome and turned on the Sync feature. Eventually, it will clear the history for all devices associated with the same Google account.
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser. Make sure to update Chrome to the latest version.
2. Click the Customize and Control icon (three dots) in the browser’s top-right corner.
3. Select and choose History from the pop-up options. You can go directly to the History on your chrome by pressing the Ctrl + H shortcut key.
4. Now, mark the history by checking the box on the left. Click on Delete to clear the selected items.
5. If you want to delete your entire history, click on the three-dot icon on the right. Select More Tools → Clear browsing data. Even you can use the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Del keys to clear your browsing data.
Tip: If you have done a search through Chrome Safe mode, the history will not be saved.
How to Clear Chrome History in a Particular Time Frame
1. Go to Settings on your Chrome Browser.
2. Click on Privacy and Security on the left.
3. On the right, click on Clear browsing data.
4. Choose Basic or Advanced options.
Under Basic, you will find options like
- Browsing history – It will clear history from all synced devices.
- Cookies and other site data – All your synced data will be cleared, and you will be signed out from most sites.
- Cached images and files – It clears up all the image and file caches. Sometimes clearing files may load your site more slowly.
Advanced has some additional features like
- Browsing History – Your browsing history will be clear from all synced devices.
- Download History – Download items on Chrome will be cleared.
- Cookies and other site data – Stored data from other sites will be cleared, but you won’t be signed out of your Google Account.
- Cached images and files – Removes all the image and file caches.
- Passwords and other sign-in data – By selecting this option, your saved passwords from the Chrome browser will be deleted.
- Autofill form data – Synced suggestions or autofill data generated according to your search history will be cleared.
- Site Settings – Customized site settings will be cleared.
- Hosted app data – By picking his option, all extension data added from the Chrome Web Store will be removed.
7. Ensure to check the options that you wish to clear.
8. Select the Time Range according to your preference.
9. Click on the Clear data button.
That’s it! The browsing history has been deleted on the Google Chrome browser.
Note: You can also delete bookmarks on Google Chrome.
How to Delete History on Chrome [iPhone/iPad]
1. Launch Google Chrome on your iOS device.
2. Click the More option and tap History.
3. Choose the Clear Browsing Data option at the bottom.
4. Look at your browsing history and uncheck the items you don’t want to delete.
5. Click on Clear Browsing Data.
6. Lastly, hit Done, located at the top right.
How to Delete History on Chrome [Android]
1. Open the Google Chrome browser on your Android smartphone.
2. Click the three vertical dot icons at the top right corner.
3. From the pop-up window, select History.
4. Click the Clear browsing data option.
5. Under the Basic section, choose the Time range and the Browsing history check box.
6. If you wish to delete your Saved passwords, Site settings other than your browsing history, and cache, then go to the Advanced section.
6. At last, click on Clear data.
Frequently Asked Questions
Launch Google Chrome on your Chromebook. Click on More tools → Clear browsing data. Select a Time range and period. Finally, click on Clear data to delete the history on your Chromebook
There is no feature to delete your history on Chrome automatically. But, Chrome allows you to clear site data and cookies when you close all Windows. To enable it, go to Settings → Privacy and Security → Cookies and site data → Click on the toggle button to enable clear cookies and site data.
You can’t delete the history when there are technical glitches or bugs in the browser. During these unexpected times, you can restart the Google Chrome browser and follow the above methods to delete the history.
Go to the History on your Chrome browser, and click the Turn off Journeys option on the left pane to disable it. By doing so, it stops tracking your activities on Chrome.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install Nickelodeon Kodi Addon
- How to Mute a Tab in Chrome Browser
- How to Cancel Fortnite Crew Subscription
- How to Clear Firefox Cache [Smartphone & PC]
- How to Update Google Chrome Browser [Mobile & Desktop]
- Best Browser for Android TV / Android TV Box
- How to Reset Chrome Web Browser [Smartphone & PC]
- How to Install Les Mills on LG Smart TV
- How to Add and Watch Freevee on Roku
- How to Setup and Use Chromebook