Mozilla Firefox is one of the lightweight browsers that is packed with more security features, such as the ability to block websites and ads. Moreover, they provide extensive customization options, such as changing the default search engine and more. Compared to other browsers, one of the notable customization features in Firefox is the dark mode. Enabling the dark mode is a convenient way to read texts on the browser without straining your eyes. It helps people to surf the internet at night to read articles, news, social media, and more. If you have installed the Firefox browser recently on your device, you can enable dark mode on Firefox for a better browsing experience.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Firefox [Windows/Mac/Linux]
You can enable dark mode on your Firefox browser in three different ways.
You can change themes in the Firefox browser to implement dark mode within a few seconds.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on your desktop or laptop.
2. Click on the Application menu (three horizontal lines) menu at the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Select Add-ons and themes from the drop-down options or use the shortcut keys Ctrl + Shift + A to open.
4. Click on Themes from the left sidebar.
5. Scroll the page to locate the Dark theme and click Enable to apply.
That’s it! The dark mode has been successfully set for your Firefox browser. The dark theme will be applied to its associated devices if you turn on sync.
You can also enable dark mode on Firefox by navigating the browser settings.
1. Open the Firefox browser on your PC.
2. Next, go to Settings.
3. Select the General tab from the left sidebar.
4. At last, click the Dark option to apply the theme.
Using Color Extension
Firefox provides users to enable dark mode using extensions rather than the in-built settings.
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox on your PC.
2. Go to the Firefox extensions site by clicking on addons.mozilla.org.
3. Type Firefox Color in the search box and press enter.
4. Click Firefox Color and click Install Theme or Add to Firefox.
5. It will be installed within a few seconds.
Upon opening the Firefox color extension, scroll through the collections and select a Dark theme to apply to your browser.
Best Firefox Extensions for Dark Mode
Some of the best dark mode extensions are discussed below.
Dark Reader is an eye care extension that enables night mode by creating dark themes for websites. You can easily adjust brightness, sepia filter, contrast, dark mode, ignore list, and font settings. It makes reading easy at night by inverting bright colors to high contrast.
Dark Mode is a Firefox extension to browse without any irritation at night. It is very simple and easy to use with a turn-on or off button. You can go to the options page to get a different dark theme.
Using Night Eye – Dark Mode, you can enable night mode on any website. This extension not only inverts the color but also analyzes and converts them using its new algorithm. You can enable dark mode on almost all websites like Facebook, Quora, Wikipedia, etc.
How to Use Dark Theme in Firefox [Android Phone]
1. Launch the Firefox browser on your Android smartphone.
2. Click the three vertical dots icon at the top right corner.
3. Select Settings from the options.
4. From the General category, click on Customize.
5. You will see Light, Dark, and Follow device theme options under the Theme section.
6. Click on the Dark option to set the theme.
7. Now, launch the browser and browse safely on Firefox in the dark theme.
Note: You can also enable the dark theme on the Firefox browser by enabling the dark mode on your smartphone.
How to Turn On Dark Theme in Firefox [iPhone/iPad]
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Scroll down and click on Display & Brightness.
3. Select the Dark option under the Appearance section.
1. Launch the Firefox browser on your iPhone/iPad.
2. Click on Settings (horizontal bars icon) at the bottom (Top for iPad).
3. Next, click the Use System Light/ Use System Dark toggle button to enable or disable dark mode.
4. Click on the Theme Picker and choose Dark theme.
If the dark theme is not working on your browser, ensure that you have updated Firefox to the latest version and check whether it is compatible with the device. You can also check with the Firefox settings.
Follow the similar steps to enable the dark theme, and finally, click on System Theme or Light theme to disable the dark theme on the Firefox browser.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.