How to Open Incognito Mode in Safari Browser
Incognito mode helps to hide your browsing records when surfing the internet. When you have enabled the Incognito mode, it does not save your browsing activities like browsing history, cookies, site data, and information entered into the website. The Incognito Mode is named Private Mode or Private Window in the Safari browser.
How to Open Incognito Mode in Safari using Shortcut Keys [Mac]
You can easily open the private mode on the Safari browser from your Mac using shortcut keys.
(1) Launch the Safari Browser on your Mac.
(2) Now press the ⌘ + Shift + N or Command + Shift + N keys to open the Incognito window.
How to Open Incognito Mode in Safari From Settings [Mac]
(1) Launch the Safari browser on your Macbook.
(2) Click on the File option at the top left corner of the app.
(3) Select New Private Window from the drop-down to open the Incognito mode.
How to Always Open Safari in Incognito Mode
(1) Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
(2) Click Safari at the top and select Preferences from the drop-down menu option.
(3) Tap the General tab from the dialog box.
(4) Click on the box Safari opens with and select the A new private window option.
How to Open a Link in Incognito Mode
(1) Open the Safari browser.
(2) Locate and go to the link you need to open in Incognito Mode.
(3) Now, right-click on the link and select the option Open Link in a New Private Window to open the link in incognito mode from your browser.
How to Turn off Incognito Mode in Safari [Mac]
(1) Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
You can turn off the Private mode (Incognito Mode) on Mac in two ways as
- Close all the current Private tabs.
- Select File at the top and click on the New Window option to open the browser in non-private mode.
How to Open Safari Private Mode in iOS [Latest Version]
(1) Launch the Safari Browser on your iPhone or iPad.
(2) Long press the Tab icon on the bottom corner of the page.
(3) Select the Private option from the list.
(4) To turn off the incognito mode, click on the 1 Tab option to turn it off.
How to Open Incognito Mode in Safari Older Version [iOS]
(1) Launch the Safari browser on your iOS device.
(2) Tap on the Tab icon at the bottom right corner.
(3) Select Private at the bottom.
(4) Click on the + icon on the next page and tap Done to open your browser in Private Mode (Incognito Mode).
If you are not a fan of Incognito Mode, you have to delete the search history on Safari every once in a while.
How to Turn off Incognito Mode in Safari [Older Version]
(1) Open Safari on your iOS device.
(2) Click on the Tab icon from the bottom right.
(3) Tap the option Private at the bottom center
(4) Select the number of tabs in your general mode.
(4) Choose the page in the General Mode to turn off private mode in your Safari browser.
What to do If Private Mode is Not Showing on iPhone or iPad
If you have enabled the Limit Adult Websites option to restrict websites on Safari, the private mode option won’t be visible on the browser. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Contents & Restrictions > Web Content > Unrestricted to access the private mode on Safari.
Browsing in private mode disables the browser from saving your browsing history. But your activities can be tracked from the websites you are accessing.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- Shipt Free Trial: Free Delivery Membership for Up to 3 Years
- Expedite TV IPTV: Watch 6500+ Channels & 15000 VOD at $9.50/month
- How to Stream SoundCloud on Apple TV
- How to Download and Stream IPTV on TCL Smart TV
- How to Build Trust in Your Distributed Team: 5 Tips for Effective Management
- Excellent Cloud File Manager in 2023
- How to Install and Use Indigo Kodi Addon
- How to Get Stremio on Roku / Roku TV
- 100+ Free IPTV M3U Playlist URL & File [Updated – March 2023]
- How to Design a Catchy Digital Character