How to Set Chrome as the Default Browser on Windows
You need to follow different steps to make Chrome your default browser on Windows 11, Windows 10, and Windows 8.
1. Click on the Start menu.
2. Go to Settings → Apps → Default Apps.
3. Now, enter Chrome in the search bar and click when it shows.
4. After that, click on Set Default on the top right.
Now, you have made Chrome your default browser in Windows 11
Tip: Clear the browsing history on Chrome regularly to increase the browser’s performance.
1. Go to Settings on your PC.
2. From the list of options, click on Apps.
3. Then, go to Default apps.
4. Under the Web browser section, click on the current browser and select Google Chrome.
Setting Chrome as a default browser on Windows 10 is pretty easy.
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
2. Go to the Control Panel.
3. Select the Programs → Default Programs → Set Default Programs.
4 Choose Google Chrome from the side menu bar and then click Set this program as default at the bottom.
5. Finally, click OK to confirm.
How to Make Google Chrome as Default Browser on Mac
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser on Mac.
2. Click the three vertical dots menu at the top right corner.
3. From the list of options, click on Settings.
4. Further, select Default browser from the side menu bar.
5. Tap Make default and confirm it by selecting Use “Chrome.“
1. Tap the Apple menu from the home screen.
2. Select System Preferences from the options.
3. Next, click on General.
4. From the General dialog box, select Google Chrome from the pop-up menu of the Default web browser.
You can close the window upon changes. Now, Google Chrome is the default browser for your Mac.
Note: Tap Dark in the Appearance section to enable dark mode on Google Chrome.
How to Set Chrome as Default Browser using Pop-Up
With just a single click, you can set Chrome browser as the default browser on your PC or Mac.
1. Open the Chrome browser on your Windows or Mac PC.
2. Select the Set as default button on the top of the screen.
3. The Chrome browser will be set as your default browser.
How to Change Chrome as the Default Browser on Android Phone
If you don’t have a Chrome browser on your Android smartphone, download and install the app from the Google Play Store.
1. Open Settings on your Android device.
2. Click on Apps.
3. Select the Default Apps option.
4. Click the Browser app.
5. Choose Chrome to make it as default.
How to Set Chrome as the Default Browser on iPhone
You can download and install the Chrome browser on your iPhone from the App Store.
1. From your iPhone, open the Settings option.
2. Scroll down and click on Chrome to see the app information.
3. Click on Default Browser App and choose Chrome.
Lastly, Google Chrome is the default browser for your iOS device.
Is Chrome a Better Browser than Others?
There are a few best browsers in the market, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Edge, Opera, etc. Every browser is better in some aspects. While Chrome is an overall browser with better tools and features. It is one of the most preferred browsers worldwide and a better browser among others.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can’t use Chrome as the default browser on Windows when you have any bugs or technical glitches or may not be compatible with the current OS of your PC. Update or reset Google Chrome to fix the issue.
On your iPad, open the Google Chrome browser → Settings → Default browser → Make Default. Now, you can surf and download anything using the Chrome browser.
First, open the Settings on your Kindle Fire → Apps & Notifications → Default Apps → Choose Chrome. Finally, you can use Chrome as the default browser on Kindle Fire.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install Nickelodeon Kodi Addon
- How to Mute a Tab in Chrome Browser
- How to Cancel Fortnite Crew Subscription
- How to Clear Firefox Cache [Smartphone & PC]
- How to Update Google Chrome Browser [Mobile & Desktop]
- Best Browser for Android TV / Android TV Box
- How to Reset Chrome Web Browser [Smartphone & PC]
- How to Install Les Mills on LG Smart TV
- How to Add and Watch Freevee on Roku
- How to Setup and Use Chromebook