Google Chrome releases new updates every now and then. So, it is important to update the Google Chrome browser on our PCs and smartphones. Apart from Windows, there are a lot of Apple users who prefer Chrome browsers on their Mac PCs. For those users, you can update the Chrome browser on your Mac PC to its latest version and get all the new features. If you have any issues with the Chrome browser on your Mac, updating the browser will fix minor issues and bugs.
Will Google Chrome on Macbook Update Automatically
Yes, in most cases, the Chrome browser on Windows and Mac PCs will be updated automatically and you can’t even notice it. When you close the Chrome browser on your Mac, it will download and install the latest update in the background. When you open the Chrome browser on your Mac while installing a new update, it will be paused and allow you to use the browser in the current version. Only when the session is over, the installation will be resumed. This is one of the reasons why Chrome browser eats more processing space than the other browsers.
How to Update Chrome on Mac
If you want to update the Chrome browser manually, you can do it within the Chrome browser. Unlike other apps on Mac, you can’t update the Chrome browser from the Mac App Store. The browser is not available on the Mac App Store.
(1) Launch the Chrome browser on your Mac PC.
(2) Click on the three-doted icon at the top right corner of the app.
(3) Select the option Help and click About Google Chrome.
(4) Once you have visited the About Chrome page, Chrome automatically starts the update process.
(5) If the update finishes, click the option Relaunch to complete the process.
How to Apply a Pending Update on Chrome
If you have internet issues on your Mac, the browser can’t be updated automatically. The new update will be notified in three different colors.
- The green color indicates that the pending update was released 2 days ago.
- The orange color indicates that the pending update was released 4 days ago.
- The red color indicates that the pending update was released a week ago.
If you see any of these colors indicated on the Chrome browser, immediately connect your Mac to the internet, and click the Update button to update the browser. You will be asked to relaunch the browser to install the new update. Click the Relaunch button to get the latest version of the browser on your Mac.
How to Update Chrome if Update Does Not Work
If your Chrome does not update on the About Google Chrome page, you can update the app only by uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
How to Uninstall Chrome on Mac
(1) On your home screen, right-click Chrome from the Dock and select Quit.
(2) Open Finder and select Applications.
(3) Select your Chrome browser and drag it to the Trash.
(4) Now, you have successfully uninstalled your Chrome browser on your Mac.
How to Reinstall Chrome on Mac
(1) Launch the Safari web browser on your Mac.
(2) Visit the Chrome download website.
(3) Click the Download button to download the latest version of Chrome for your Mac.
(4) Finally, install Chrome on your Mac to use the latest version of Chrome.
Frequently Asked Questions
As of January 30, 2023, the latest version of Chrome for Mac is 109.0.5414.74.
Yes, you can change the default browser on Mac from Safari to Chrome or any other web browser.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Enable & Use Sleep Timer on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install Bally Sports on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Turn Off Voice Assistant on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install & Activate Apple TV+ on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Get TNT on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Pair Samsung Remote to Samsung Smart TV
- How to Use Telegram on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Turn On Bluetooth on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Watch BBC iPlayer on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install Plex on Samsung Smart TV