Dark mode can reduce eye strains caused by a blue light on prolonged use of smartphones, desktops, and laptops. The dark mode feature is helpful for those who spend more time on devices, especially at night. The dark mode is also known as Night mode, capable of extending the device’s battery for longer. You can enable dark mode on the Safari browser by enabling the dark theme on your Apple devices.
How to Turn On Dark Mode in Safari [Mac]
1. Click on the Apple icon on Mac.
2. Select System Preferences.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Under the list of options, click General.
4. In the General settings, select Dark from the Appearance options.
That’s it! It will change the entire interface to dark mode. Simultaneously, the Safari browser will also turn dark for reader-friendly browsing.
How to Activate Dark Theme on Safari Reader Mode
1. Launch the Safari browser on your Mac.
2. Visit a website you want to surf in the dark mode.
3. In the search bar, click on the Reader Mode button.
4. Further, click on the aA text button.
5. You will see a list of themes such as Normal, Slightly Yellow, Grey, and Dark.
6. Click on Dark to apply the theme.
If you are unable to activate the dark theme on reader mode, check for updates and update Safari to the latest version. Then, try enabling dark mode on Safari.
How to Set Dark Mode on Safari using Dark Mode Extensions
When some websites are incompatible with the Dark mode, you can use the third-party extension to get it sorted. Moreover, you can enable and disable dark mode automatically using these third-party apps.
Dark Reader is a dark-mode extension for Safari that creates dark themes for websites. You can invert bright colors on Dark Reader for easy reading at night light. With this eye care extension, you can slowly adjust brightness, contrast, dark mode, font settings, sepia filter, and ignore list.
Noir is a Safari extension that gives a better night browsing experience. You can link Noir to your device’s dark mode. This extension does not collect or store any information about the user.
Night Eye is the best Safari extension with great customization options. It uses a new algorithm that analyses and converts colors to enable dark mode on any website. It offers three modes that include Dark, Normal, and Filtered, with options like custom dark mode, scheduled turn on and off, deep integration, etc.
How to Turn On Dark Mode in Safari [iPhone/iPad]
1. Launch Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Hover over the Display & Brightness settings.
3. Tap on the Dark option under the Appearance option.
Now, you will see the entire iOS device interface in a dark theme.
Enable Dark Theme on Reader Mode
1. Open the Safari browser from your iPhone or iPad.
2. Go to a website you want to see in the Dark mode.
3. Click the aA text button on the left side of the search bar.
4. Next, click on Show Reader View from the options list.
5. Hit the aA button again to view the list of themes.
6. At last, select the Dark circle to apply.
Dark Mode Guide of Other Browsers
If you have installed Chrome or Brave browser on your Apple device, refer to the steps below to enable the dark mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
To turn Off the dark mode on Mac, click on the Apple Menu → System Preferences → General → Light theme.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.