Chromebook is a lightweight and low-cost computer that runs on ChromeOS. It can be connected to any WiFi network available. Mostly, all the WiFi networks are password protected. Sometimes we may forget WiFi passwords. Finding the WiFi password on Chromebook is not an easy task, and it includes many steps to find it. In this guide, we will learn to find the WiFi password on the Chromebook to which you have recently connected.
Steps to Find WiFi Password on Chromebook
Note: To find the WiFi password, you should enable developer mode on Chromebook.
1)Press and hold the ESC + Refresh + Power buttons simultaneously at the same time.
2) Now, press Ctrl + D on your keyboard in the recovery mode screen.
3) Click on Enter in the next screen.
4) After 10 to 20 minutes, Chromebook will enable Developer mode.
5) When you go to developer mode, the Chromebook will power wash automatically and the settings will be restored to factory default.
6) After enabling Developer mode, press Ctrl + Alt + T on your keyboard to open the Crosh Shell.
7) Type following command.
[email protected] / $ sudo su
locolhost / # cd /home/root/
localhost root # 1s
8) Now, you will get Code String and you need to copy that to your clipboard.
9) The Code String will look like 6ac128e6f72d5b28ee6d9a343ada72f2f981817a.
10) Type cd and and paste the Code String copied. Click the enter button.
11) Type the following command.
12) It will display all the WiFi networks that you have connected.
13) Next focus on the line Passphrase=rot47:(password).
14) Copy the password next to rot47:(password).
Note: The password is encrypted and we need to decrypt it.
15) When copied, enter the following code.
echo (the copied character here ) / tr ' ! - ~ ' ' P - ~ ! - O'.
16) Click on enter and you will get the WiFi password.
In this post, we have provided clear information to find the WiFi password on Chromebook. Remember, you have to enable developer mode to find the WiFi password. Follow the steps carefully and enter the code without any errors. If you have any queries, you can always ask us in the comment section.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- Make Your Job Easier With These Awesome Tools For Your PC
- What You Should Know About Payment Solutions for Global Businesses
- How to Watch HBO Max on Roku Streaming Device
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Snapchat [Android & iPhone]
- Reasons Why Online Business Owners Needs a Lawyer
- Tips To Help You Out With Online Trading: Getting Started
- How to Find WiFi Password on Android Mobiles & Tablets
- Top 3 Essential Reasons Why Your Business Needs a Blog
- Looking For A Cremation Urn? Here’s How To Choose One
- How do you know if a new website is trustworthy?