Chromebooks are simple and effective to use. They are designed to be used primarily while connected to the Internet, with most applications and documents living in the cloud. The main advantage of using Chromebook is that you can restore the device to its initial factory state with ease. There are plenty of reasons to reset a Chromebook.
- Changing your profile and user preferences
- Reselling your Chromebook
- Buying the used one
- Clearing cookies, favorites, and settings that aren’t working for you
In this article, we will show you how to reset Chromebook (Powerwash Chromebook) to factory settings. Factory reset or Chromebook Powerwash will delete all the information on your Chromebook, including the files in the Downloads folder. Before you reset, make sure to back up them on Google Drive or an external hard drive.
Method 1: Reset Chromebook using Shortcut Keys
Before resetting your Chromebook, make sure to back up the data that are very important to you. Because, the reset will erase all the data including files, apps, and settings.
- First of all, sign out of your Chromebook.
- Now, press and hold CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + R keys simultaneously.
- Select Restart and a dialogue box will appear on the screen.
- Click Powerwash or Reset -> Continue.
- Sign in to the Chromebook with your Google account credentials.
Method 2: Reset Chromebook using Settings Menu
Whether you’re using Shortcut key or settings menu, you should back up all your important data (files, apps, and settings).
- Click the time located on the taskbar (bottom right corner of the screen).
- Click the Settings icon.
- Scroll down and select Advanced.
- Again scroll down the screen and click Powerwash.
- Under the powerwash section, select Restart.
- Tap Continue on the dialogue box and follow the steps that appeared on the screen.
- Now, Sign in to the Chromebook with your Google account credentials.
These are the two methods available to reset Chromebook. After the factory reset, you have to set it up from scratch. As we mentioned earlier, make sure to back your data before using any method. Thank you for visiting Techfollows.com. For further queries and feedback, feel free to leave a comment below.
- How to Cast Foxtel Go on Chromecast 
- How to Install cCloud TV Addon on Kodi 18.4 Leia 
- How to Install Miami Grice Kodi Addon 
- How to Install Megabox HD on Firestick 
- How to Install Gears Reloaded TV on Firestick 
- How to Install Popcorn Time on Chromebook 
- How to Download and Install Popcorn Time on Roku 
- 10 Best Chromecast Apps  You Must Download
- Best Apps for Firestick 2019 | Must Have Apps
- Best Movie Apps to stream free Movies in 2019
IPTV5 months ago
Best IPTV Player for Windows PC [Updated 2019]
FireStick7 months ago
How to Install Spectrum TV App for Firestick? 2019
FireStick7 months ago
How to Install Xfinity Stream on Firestick? Updated 2019
Android8 months ago
Best IPTV Players for Android | 2019 Latest
How to3 months ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV for Roku? 2019 Updated
How to7 months ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV on Samsung Smart TV?
Chromecast9 months ago
How to cast IPTV on Chromecast? 
Apple TV8 months ago
Best IPTV Player for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV in 2019