Chromebooks are simple and effective to use. They are designed to be used primarily while connected to the Internet, with most applications and documents living in the cloud. The main advantage of using Chromebook is that you can restore the device to its initial factory state with ease. There are plenty of reasons to reset a Chromebook.
- Changing your profile and user preferences
- Reselling your Chromebook
- Buying the used one
- Clearing cookies, favourites, and settings that aren’t working for you
In this article, we will show you how to reset Chromebook (Powerwash Chromebook) to factory settings. Factory reset or Chromebook Powerwash will delete all the information on your Chromebook, including the files in the Downloads folder. Before you reset, make sure to back up them on Google Drive or an external hard drive.
Related: How to Factory Data Reset Chromecast?
How to Powerwash Chromebook using Shortcut Keys?
Before resetting your Chromebook, make sure to back up the data that are very important to you. Because, the reset will erase all the data including files, apps, and settings.
- First of all, sign out of your Chromebook.
- Now, press and hold CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + R keys simultaneously.
- Select Restart and a dialogue box will appear on the screen.
- Click Powerwash or Reset -> Continue.
- Sign in to the Chromebook with your Google account credentials.
How to Reset Chromebook to Factory Settings? (Using Settings Menu)
Whether you’re using Shortcut key or settings menu, you should back up all your important data (files, apps, and settings).
- Click the time located on the taskbar (bottom right corner of the screen).
- Click the Settings icon.
- Scroll down and select Advanced.
- Again scroll down the screen and click Powerwash.
- Under the powerwash section, select Restart.
- Tap Continue on the dialogue box and follow the steps that appeared on the screen.
- Now, Sign in to the Chromebook with your Google account credentials.
These are the two methods available to reset Chromebook. After the factory reset, you have to set it up from scratch. As we mentioned earlier, make sure to back your data before using any method.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Watch Zwift Videos on Chromecast 
- How to Get Disney Plus on Sony Smart TV 
- How to Watch CBS All Access on Chromecast Connected TV 
- How to Install Peloton App on Firestick 
- How to Watch WWE Network on TV using Chromecast 
- How to Watch Vimeo Videos on TV Using Chromecast 
- How to Watch Facebook Live Videos on TV using Chromecast 
- How to Watch Netflix Party on TV using Chromecast 
- How to Install Stremio on Roku Device 
- How to Chromecast GSE Smart IPTV to TV 
Apps4 months ago
How to Install Spectrum TV App on Firestick/Fire TV 
IPTV3 weeks ago
Best IPTV Player for Windows PC/Laptop [March 2020]
FireStick3 months ago
How to Install Xfinity Stream on Firestick 
How to1 year ago
How to Install IPTV on LG Smart TV? [Updated 2019]
Android3 weeks ago
Best IPTV Players for Android [March 2020]
How to1 month ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV for Roku 
Android1 month ago
How to Cast to Firestick using Android? 
How to1 year ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV on Samsung Smart TV?