How to Install and Stream Sky Go on Chromebook
Sky Go is a complimentary service offered by Sky Network. With the Sky Go app, you can watch all the content from Sky Network. Besides the Sky Network content, this application has over 100 live TV channels and thousands of on-demand videos. If you are a Sky TV customer, you can access the Sky Go app for free. On Chromebook, the Google Play Store is disabled by default. By enabling the Play Store, you can easily run android apps on Chromebook. Enable Play Store and download the Sky Go app on your Chromebook. Alternatively, you can mirror the Android phone on Chromebook and can stream Sky Go videos.
How to Get Sky Go on Chromebook
1. Click the Quick Settings Panel on the bottom right corner of your Chromebook.
2. Then, click on the Settings icon.
3. Scroll down and find the Google Play Store Section.
4. Then, click on the Turn On button.
5. Click on the Accept button to accept the terms and conditions of the Google Play Store.
6. On Play Store, click the Search Box and search for the Sky Go app.
7. Choose the Sky Go application from the search results.
8. Tap the Install button to install the Sky Go app.
9. Select the Open button to launch the Sky Go app.
10. Sign in with your Sky TV account.
11. Play any content on the Sky Go app and watch it on your Chromebook.
Alternative Method to Stream Sky Go on Chromebook
1. First, install Firefox, Brave, or any browser on your Chromebook. You can also use the in-built Google Chrome browser.
2. Navigate to the address bar on the browser and type the Sky Go website URL: www.skygo.co.nz.
3. On the website, select the Sign In button at the top and log in to your account using the required credentials.
4. Once signed in, play your desired movie on the Sky Go website and watch it on your Chromebook.
How to Screen Mirror Sky Go on Chromebook
1. Launch Google Chrome on your Chromebook and go to the Vysor website.
2. Tap the Browser button to install the Vysor web app.
3. You need to enable the developer mode on your Android phone. To do it, go to Settings → About Phone.
4. Tap on the Build Number 7 times to become a developer.
5. Then, go back to Settings and select Developer Options.
6. Scroll down and select USB Debugging and turn it On.
7. Connect your Android Smartphone and Chromebook via a USB cable.
8. After enabling the developer mode on your Android phone, launch the Vysor web app on your Chromebook
9. Tap the option Connect USB Device and select your Android phone on the pop-up menu.
10. Then, hit the Connect button.
11. Once the connection is established, you can see the Android phone device name on the Vysor web app.
12. Select the Play icon placed near the Android device name.
13. Once mirrored, launch the Sky Go app on your Android phone and sign in to your account.
14. Play your desired video on the Sky Go mobile app and watch it on your Chromebook.
How to Fix Sky Go Not Working on Chromebook
If the Sky Go app is not working on your Chromebook, use the troubleshooting steps listed below to fix it.
☆ Delete the app from Chromebook and reinstall it again.
★ Check the internet connectivity.
☆ Restart Chromebook.
★ If none of the above methods work, reset your Chromebook.
Why Do I Need to Connect to a VPN?
There is no doubt that the Sky Go app is secure. But Sky Go is only accessible in the United Kingdom. Suppose consider that you have a Sky TV account and you are flying to some other country for some time. In that case, you can’t access the Sky Go platform. To overcome this problem, you must set up a VPN on your Chromebook.
VPN masks your online identity and allows you to unblock any geo-restricted service. There are plenty of VPNs available for Chromebook. Choose the best VPN for Chromebook and stream Sky Go videos without any issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Sky Go works well on Chromebook. You can download the Sky Go app from the Google Play Store.
Sky Go is free to access with your Sky TV subscription.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Watch IPTV on PS5 [Possible Ways]
- How to Watch F1 TV [Formula 1 2023] on Chromecast
- How to Watch F1 on Roku [Formula 1 2023]
- How to Live Stream F1 Race on Firestick [Formula 1 2023]
- How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Cancel Planet Fitness Membership
- How to Watch F1 on Samsung Smart TV [Formula 1 2023]
- How to Live Stream F1 on Hisense Smart TV [Formula 1 2023]
- How to Activate ABC on Roku, Apple TV, and Smart TV
- How to Get MTV on Apple TV