- Sky Go app is officially available on the Play Store for Chromebook PCs.
- Install the app: Enable Google Play Store → Open Play Store → Search for Sky Go → Select the app → Tap the Install button.
Sky Go is a complimentary service offered by Sky Network. You can install the Sky Go app on your Chromebook (of any brand) from the Play Store. You can enable the Google Play Store feature and install the app.
With the Sky Go app, you can watch all the content from Sky Network. Besides the Sky Network content, this application has over 100 live TV channels and on-demand videos. If you are a Sky TV customer, you can access the Sky Go app for free.
In this guide, you will learn how to install the Sky Go app on your Chromebook. We have also included a separate guide to access the Sky Go website and screen mirroring the app.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
How to Download Sky Go on Chromebook
1. Click the Quick Settings Panel on the bottom right corner of your Chromebook.
2. Then, click on the Settings icon.
3. Scroll down and find the Google Play Store Section.
4. Then, click on the Turn On button. Now, you can install Android apps on a Chromebook.
5. Click on the Accept button to accept the terms and conditions of the Google Play Store.
6. On Play Store, click the Search Box and search for the Sky Go app.
7. Choose the Sky Go application from the search results.
8. Tap the Install button to install the Sky Go app.
9. Select the Open button to launch the Sky Go app.
10. Sign in with your Sky TV account.
11. Play any content on the Sky Go app and watch it on your Chromebook.
Alternative Method to Stream Sky Go on Chromebook
1. First, install the Brave browser on your Chromecast. You can also use the built-in Google Chrome browser.
2. Navigate to the Address Bar on the browser and type the Sky Go website (www.skygo.co.nz).
3. On the website, select the Sign In button at the top and log in to your account.
4. Once signed in, play your desired movie on the Sky Go website and watch it on your Chromebook.
How to Screen Mirror Sky Go on Chromebook
1. Launch Google Chrome on your Chromebook and go to the Screen Mirroring Receiver website. You will get the mirroring code and the QR code.
3. Open the Screen Mirroring+ app on your smartphone and enter the mirroring code. If you want, you can also scan the QR code.
4. When the pairing is done, you can see your smartphone screen on the Chromebook.
6. Play any video content. It will appear on the Chromebook.
7. To stop the mirroring, close the Screen Mirroring app from the background on your smartphone.
How to Fix Sky Go Not Working on Chromebook
If the Sky Go app is not working on your Chromebook, use the troubleshooting steps listed below to fix it.
- Delete the app from the Chromebook and reinstall it again.
- Check the internet connectivity.
- Restart Chromebook.
- If none of the above methods work, reset your Chromebook.
Why Do I Need to Connect to a VPN?
There is no doubt that the Sky Go app is secure. But Sky Go is only accessible in the United Kingdom. If you are not in the UK, you need to set up a VPN on your Chromebook to access the Sky Go app.
VPN masks your online identity and allows you to unblock any geo-restricted service. There are plenty of VPNs available for Chromebooks. Choose the best VPN for Chromebooks and stream Sky Go videos without any issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can install the Sky Go app on your Windows or Mac PC from the Sky website.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.