Amazon Prime Video is a popular streaming service owned by Amazon Inc. It is a premium service that charges $8.99 per month. Amazon Prime consists of over 26000 movies and 2500 TV shows in high definition quality. With Amazon Prime, you can download your desired videos and can stream them offline. Amazon Prime Video is a Chromecast-compatible app. So, you can easily cast the content of Prime Video from your smartphone or PC.
How to Chromecast Amazon Prime Video from Smartphone [Android & iPhone]
#1. Launch the Amazon Prime Video application on your Android Phone or iPhone.
#2. Sign in to your Prime account using the required username and password.
#3. Once signed in, hit the Cast icon at the bottom right.
#4. From the menu, choose your Chromecast device to cast the app.
#5. Now, play any movie on the Prime Video mobile app and watch it on your Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Cast Amazon Prime Video on Chromecast-connected TV from PC
#1. Turn On your PC and open the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
#2. Go to the official website of Amazon Prime Video.
#3. Hit the Profile icon and hit the Sign In button at the top right.
#4. Log in to the Amazon Prime account by typing the necessary details.
#5. Tap the three-dotted icon on the Chrome browser.
#6. Select the option Cast from the expandable menu.
#7. Click your Chromecast device on the pop-up.
#8. Tap Sources and select the option Cast tab from the drop-down.
#9. Now, the Amazon Prime Video website will appear on your Chromecast-connected TV.
#10. Play your desired content on the Prime Video website and stream it on a big screen.
How to Fix Amazon Prime Video Not Working on Chromecast
Sometimes, you will face difficulties in casting Prime Video on Chromecast-connected TV. This casting issue is caused due to several reasons. The solutions to fix the Amazon Prime casting problem are discussed below.
- Check whether you have connected the Chromecast to the WiFi same as your smartphone/PC.
- Close and reopen the app on the casting device.
- Update the Amazon Prime Video app.
- Restart your Chromecast device and try again.
- Then, update your Chromecast to the latest firmware.
- Finally, reset the Chromecast device and check if the issue persists or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
Amazon Prime Video is pre-installed on Chromecast with Google TV. If you can’t find the app, you can install it from the Google Play Store.
No. You need to get a subscription to stream the content on Amazon Prime Video. However, you can access Prime Video for free by signing up for the 30-day free trial.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Create Tab Groups on Safari Browser
- How to Change the Homepage in Firefox
- How to Enable Cookies in Firefox Browser
- How to Change Download Location in Google Chrome
- How to Install Brave on Linux [All Distros]
- How to Remove Yahoo Search from Safari [Mac]
- How to Translate WebPages in Safari Browser
- How to Change Homepage in Safari Browser
- How to Set Brave as Default Browser [PC & Smartphone]
- How to Open Incognito Mode in Safari Browser