If you are keen on watching British-American movies and TV shows, then Acorn TV is the ideal choice. This is a Chromecast-compatible app so you can cast the content from your smartphone or PC to the Chromecast-connected TVs. To access the entire library of Acorn TV, you need to purchase the subscription plan from the official website. The monthly plan costs and annual plan costs $6.99 and $69.99 respectively with a 7-day free trial for new subscribers.
This article showcases the possible ways to watch Acorn TV on Chromecast. Additionally, this post also covers troubleshooting methods if the app fails to work.
How to Chromecast Acorn TV from Smartphone [Android & iPhone]
1. Connect and set up your Chromecast device to your TV. Then, connect your smartphone and TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Enter the login credentials and sign in with your account.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
4. Look for the desired video content and hit the cast icon in the top right corner of the screen.
5. Choose the Chromecast device from the list of available devices for pairing.
6. Once paired, play the video content to cast on a Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Chromecast Acorn TV from a PC
You can use the Acorn TV website to cast the content to your Chromecast-connected TV from a PC. For that, use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser to cast content to your TV. Before proceeding further, update the Chrome and Edge browsers for a seamless experience. Also, make sure to connect your Windows and Mac PC and TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
Using Google Chrome Browser
1. Launch the Chrome browser on your PC and go to the Acorn TV official website [https://acorn.tv/].
2. Click the Login button and sign in to your account credentials.
3. Click the three-dotted icon at the top right corner of the screen
4. Then, click on the Save and Share option from the expandable menu and hit Cast.
5. Select your Chromecast device and click the option Cast tab exhibited under the Sources dropdown menu.
6. Now, the Acorn TV website will appear on your TV.
8. Play your favourite content on the Acorn TV website and stream it on your TV.
Using Microsoft Edge
1. Launch the Edge browser on your PC and go to the Acorn TV official website [https://acorn.tv/].
2. Play any content on the Acorn TV website.
3. Click on the three dots on the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Scroll to the More tools option and choose Cast Media to Device.
5. Select your Chromecast device and your PC screen will be mirrored to the TV.
How to Fix Acorn TV Not Working With Chromecast
Sometimes the Acorn TV app may not function or work properly while casting the content to a Chromecast-connected TV. This problem can be fixed and solved easily by following the few troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
- Ensure that you have connected the Casting device and Chromecast to the same WiFi.
- Update the Acorn TV app on your device.
- Disconnect and reconnect the Chromecast device on your TV.
- Update your Chromecast device.
- Force restart the Acorn TV app on your device.
- Restart the Chromecast device. If nothing works, reset your Chromecast.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Acorn TV is available on the Play Store of Chromecast with Google TV.
Yes, you can stream Acorn TV by subscribing to a 7-day free trial.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.