How to Chromecast QuickTime Player on TV [Mac & Windows]
QuickTime Player is the default media player for Mac, which supports multiple video and audio formats. With this player, you can even play media files on iCloud Drive. QuickTime Player has a very simple interface and minor editing features like screen recording. If you want to cast QuickTime Player on larger TV screens, you can do it with the help of a Chromecast device. Though QuickTime Player is not a Chromecast-compatible app, you can cast the player on Chromecast-connected TV using the Chrome browser on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Connect and set up the Chromecast device with your TV.
- If you are a Windows user, install the QuickTime Player on your PC.
- Update the Chrome browser on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Connect your Mac or Windows PC and Chromecast-connected TV to the same WiFi.
How to Cast QuickTime Player on Chromecast from Mac or Windows PC
 Launch Google Chrome on your Mac/Windows PC.
 Press the three vertical dots on the top right corner of the Chrome page next to your profile icon.
 Scroll down the drop-down box to click Cast.
 Choose your Chromecast device after successful scanning.
 Also, tap Sources to select Cast desktop.
 Grant access to cast your Mac/Windows PC screen on the TV.
 Select a media file on your Mac/Windows PC that you want to watch on TV.
 Allow that video to play with QuickTime Player.
 Finally, the video playing on QuickTime Player can be seen on your Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Fix QuickTime Player Not Working on Chromecast
Occasionally, you might experience Chromecast connectivity issues for several reasons, but you can easily fix them by implementing certain troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
- Check if your Chromecast dongle is rightly connected to your TV. If not, re-plug your Chromecast onto your TV.
- Ensure no other devices except the casting device are connected to the WiFi to which Chromecast is connected.
- Bring all your connecting devices closer to WIFI.
- Verify whether you have strong, stable, and faster WIFI.
- Update Chromecast to its latest software version.
- If none of the above fixes doesn’t help, try resetting your Chromecast device.
Yes. You can cast your Mac screen on Chromecast using the Google Chrome browser.
In addition to mp4, QuickTime Player supports many video formats, like QuickTime Movie (.mov), MPEG-4 (.mp4, .m4v), MPEG-1, 3GPP, 3GPP2, AVI, DV, etc.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Live Stream MLB 2023 on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Chromecast MLB 2023 on TV
- How to Watch MLB 2023 on LG Smart TV
- How to Cancel Acorns Subscription [App & Web]
- How to Chromecast 123Movies on Your TV
- How to Install and Stream Sky Go on Chromebook
- Best Ways to Change Tinder Location to Get More Matches
- How to Watch F1 2023 on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Watch F1 on Firestick [Formula 1 2023]
- How to Watch NCAA March Madness on LG Smart TV