- Crunchyroll is a built-in app on Google TVs. You can also manually install the app from the Play Store.
- Install the App: Go to Apps → Click the Search for Apps → Search for Crunchyroll → Select the app → Click the Install button.
- Activate the app: Open the app → Go to Crunchyroll activation website (https://www.crunchyroll.com/activate) → Enter the code → Click the Activate button.
Want to stream anime content on your Google TV? Crunchyroll is the best app for you. The Crunchyroll app is pre-installed with Google TV in selected countries. If it is not pre-installed, you can install the Crunchyroll app on your Chromecast with Google TV directly from the Play Store.
After the merger between Crunchyroll and Funimation, Crunchyroll is the largest platform to offer anime content around the world. You can use the app for free with ads. To get ad-free streaming, you can buy the Crunchyroll Premium.
In this guide, you will learn how to install and activate the Crunchyroll app on your Google TV. We have also included a guide to add Crunchyroll’s recommendation on the Google TV home screen.
How to Install Crunchyroll on Google TV
1. Navigate to the Google TV home screen.
2. Go to the Apps section.
3. Click the Search for apps button on the Apps menu.
4. Search for the Crunchyroll app on the search bar.
5. Select the Crunchyroll app from the search results.
6. Hit the Install button on the next screen to get the app on your Google TV.
7. Then, tap the Open button to launch the app.
If you have a Hisense TV with Google TV OS, you can use the same steps to install Crunchyroll on Hisense TV.
How to Activate Crunchyroll on Google TV
1. Open the Crunchyroll app on your Google TV.
2. Note down the 6-digit alphanumeric code that is displayed on your TV screen.
3. Visit the activation website of Crunchyroll (https://www.crunchyroll.com/activate) using your PC or smartphone.
4. Log in with your Crunchyroll account and enter the activation code. Then, click the Activate button.
5. Now, the Crunchyroll app on your Google TV will be activated. Play your favorite anime content on your TV.
How to Add Crunchyroll Recommendations on Google TV Home Screen
With the latest version of Google TV, you can enable the Crunchyroll app on the Your Services menu and get personalized recommendations on the home screen. To do so, update your Google TV and follow the below steps.
1. On your Google TV, go to the Settings menu.
2. Choose the Accounts and Sign In option.
3. On the next screen, select the Your Services feature.
4. Now, you will get a list of apps. Scroll down to Crunchyroll and turn on the toggle.
5. Press the Back button on the remote to leave the menu.
Now, you will get recommendations from Crunchyroll on the Google TV home screen.
How to Cast Crunchyroll on Google TV Using Smartphone
In addition to directly installing the app, you can also cast Crunchyroll from your smartphone to your TV screen.
2. Launch the app and sign in with your account.
3. Then, connect your smartphone and Google TV to the same WiFi connection.
4. Hit the Cast icon at the top of the screen.
5. Select your Google TV from the list of devices.
6. Now, play any anime video title from the app. It will appear on your TV.
7. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon again and choose the Disconnect button.
Crunchyroll Subscription Plan
Crunchyroll offers three types of subscription plans. If you are a new user, you can get a 14-day free trial on Crunchyroll.
|Subscription Plan||Price per month|
How to Sign Up for Crunchyroll
1. Visit the official website of Crunchyroll from any browser.
2. Create a new account by entering your Email address and password. Then, hit the Create Account option.
3. You have successfully created the new account. Now, you can start streaming your favorite anime content on Crunchyroll.
How to Fix Crunchyroll Not Working on Google TV
If you have issues with the streaming anime content on Crunchyroll, you can resolve it with the below troubleshooting tricks.
- Connect your Google TV to a stable WiFi connection.
- Update the Crunchyroll app to the latest version.
- Check the Crunchyroll server using DownDetector or any other platform.
- Update the Google TV software to the latest version.
- Clear the unwanted cache files of Google TV.
- Restart the Google TV device.
- When casting, make sure to connect the casting device and Google TV to the same WiFi connection.
- Sign out and activate the Crunchyroll app again.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Crunchyroll app again.
- If none of the above troubleshooting tricks works, you can factory reset the Google TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Both are standalone platforms. After the merger, most of the content available in the Funimation platform was moved to Crunchyroll.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Get 14-Day Free Trial on Ancestry
- How to Install and Stream Viki on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Connect Hisense Smart TV to WiFi Without Remote
- How to Setup & Use Emby on Linux
- IPTV Player Latino: Stream 140+ Live TV Channels for Free
- How to Use Popcorn Time Addon on Stremio
- Can I Get Free Trial on Course Hero?
- How to Install Dailymotion on Samsung Smart TV
- Pikashow APK: Installation Guide for Android Devices and Firestick
- How to Get Chrome Browser on Samsung Smart TV [Possible Ways]