Google Chromecast is a handy device to cast media contents from smaller screens of mobile phones or PC to larger screens of TV. While setting up the Chromecast, you may be assigned some random name to finish up the setup process. However, you can change it whenever you want. If you have more than one chromecast on your household, you can assign different names to avoid the unwanted confusions. In this article, we will show you the step-by-step procedure to rename/change your Chromecast.
Rename your Chromecast
If you decided to rename your Chromecast, you can change it easily with the help of Google Home app on your iPhone or Android smartphones. For both platforms, Google Home app is officially available on the respective app store. Earlier, there were options to rename Chromecast device from the PC. However, it has been removed now and you can change it only with the help of Google Home app.
Related: How to Change the Wi-Fi network on Chromecast
Steps to rename/change your Chromecast device name
To rename your Chromecast, connect your Chromecast and Google Home app installed device to the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 1: Open Google Home app on your Smartphone.
Step 2: If both the devices are on the same network, your Chromecast device name will appear on the home screen. Select the name of your device.
Step 3: Click the cog wheen icon located at the top right corner of the screen.
Step 4: Tap the Name section.
Step 5: Enter a new name and click the Save button.
Step 6: That’s it. Your Chromecast will be renamed with the newly assigned name.
In addition to the above-mentioned method, there is another way to rename your Chromecast. Reset your Chromecast to the factory default and follow the usual setup process with the new name that you want to assign for your Chromecast.
Thank you for visiting Techfollows.com. For further queries and feedback related to the article, use the below the comments section. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get the instant updates.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Cancel Fortnite Crew Subscription
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Amazon [Website & App]
- Important Advantages of Playing Dice Games Using Ethereum
- Is Getting A Loan Online Safe? PaydayMint Teaches You How To Stay Out Of Trouble.
- How Getting A Payday Loan From A Direct Lender Like Ipass Can Help You Get The Cash You Need Quickly
- Understanding the Stanley Cup Odds
- How to Cancel Subscription on iPhone
- Direct Lenders May Make Payday Loans Available Without Checking The Borrower’s Credit
- Easy Fixes to Common Chromecast Problems
- How to View Old Stories on Facebook [Simple Guide]