- Both the BBC iPlayer app & website offer built-in Cast support.
- Cast BBC iPlayer: Open the BBC iPlayer app or website → Play the video content → Tap the Cast icon → Choose the Chromecast device.
Being in the UK for more than 10 years, I always prefer BBC iPlayer to watch popular movies and series. As the app is available for free, I won’t hesitate to binge-watch movies and series. While binge-watching, I’ll cast the BBC iPlayer to TV using the Chromecast feature. By casting the BBC iPlayer app, I can use my smartphone as a playback control and watch video content on a big screen.
If you want to cast the BBC iPlayer app, follow the steps mentioned in this article. As the BBC iPlayer is a Chromecast-compatible app, you can cast the app to TV without any hassle.
Note: BBC iPlayer is a geo-restricted service available only in the UK. If you are outside the UK, you need to use a reliable VPN like NordVPN to unblock the geo-restrictions.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
How to Cast BBC iPlayer from Android or iOS Device
2. Log in to your BBC iPlayer account.
3. Locate the Cast icon on the app and click it.
4. Tap the name of your Chromecast device to cast the BBC iPlayer.
4. Once the connection is established, play any TV show on the BBC iPlayer app and watch it on your Chromecast-connected TV.
5. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon again and click the Disconnect button.
If the Cast icon is not appearing or the Chromecast feature is not working on the BBC iPlayer, there is one possible reason for it. As of now, the BBC iPlayer app is not compatible with casting offline videos. If you try to cast the downloaded file on the BBC iPlayer app, it won’t work. So, always cast the on-demand video content.
How to Chromecast BBC iPlayer from PC
If you want to cast the BBC iPlayer video content using a PC, there are two ways. You can use the Chrome browser or the Edge browser.
Chromecast BBC iPlayer Website Using Chrome Browser
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
2. Go to the official BBC iPlayer website (https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer) and sign in to your account.
3. After signing in, play any video on the BBC iPlayer and click the Cast icon on the playback screen.
Note: You cannot cast live TV content from the BBC iPlayer website.
4. From the devices list, choose your Chromecast device name to cast the video.
5. Alternatively, you can cast the website using the Chrome browser. To do it, refer to the below one-line guide.
- Tap the three-dotted icon on the Chrome browser
- Click Cast from the list of options.
- Select your Chromecast device and tap Sources.
- Hit the option Cast tab to cast the BBC iPlayer website.
6. That’s it. Enjoy streaming the BBC iPlayer video on your Chromecast-connected TV.
7. If you are done with the casting, click the Cast icon again and deselect the Chromecast device.
Chromecast BBC iPlayer Using Edge Browser
1. Open the Edge browser on your PC.
2. Go to the BBC iPlayer website and sign in with your account.
3. Press the Alt + F keyboard shortcut key.
4. From the list of options, go to More Tools and choose Cast Media to Device feature.
5. Now, the Edge browser will look for nearby cast devices. When your Chromecast is detected, tap on it.
6. Then, play any video content from the BBC iPlayer website.
7. It will appear on your Chromecast-connected TV.
8. To stop the casting, you can close the Edge browser.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can stream all the content on the BBC iPlayer for free with your BBC account.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.