BBC iPlayer is a streaming app that comprises all BBC content. With this application, you can watch live TV, news, music, movies, TV shows, series, documentaries, and sports in high quality. The videos on the BBC iPlayer are frequently updated. You can also download your desired content for offline streaming. To access BBC iPlayer content, you need to create a BBC account. BBC iPlayer is a Chromecast-compatible app, and it supports all types of Chromecast devices. You can easily cast the BBC iPlayer on your TV from your smartphone or PC.
BBC iPlayer is a geo-restricted service available only in the UK. If you are outside the UK, you need to use a VPN on the casting device to unblock the geo-restrictions.
- Make sure to set up a Chromecast device with your TV.
- Check whether the casting device (smartphone or PC) and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the BBC iPlayer on your Android or iOS device.
- Make sure to have a BBC account. If you haven’t created an account, visit the BBC registration page to create an account.
- Install or update the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
Note: You cannot cast the downloaded BBC iPlayer videos on Chromecast.
How to Cast BBC iPlayer from Android or iOS Device
#1. Launch the BBC iPlayer app on your smartphone and log in to your account using the required details.
#2. Locate the Cast icon on the app and click it.
#3. Tap the name of your Chromecast device to cast the BBC iPlayer.
#4. Once the connection is established, play any TV show on BBC iPlayer app and watch it on your Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Chromecast BBC iPlayer from Google Chrome on a PC
#1. Launch the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
#2. Go to the official BBC iPlayer website and sign in to your account.
#3. After signing in, play any video on the BBC iPlayer and click the Cast icon on the playback screen.
Note: You cannot cast live TV content from the BBC iPlayer website.
#4. From the devices list, choose your Chromecast device name to cast the video.
#5. Alternatively, you can cast the website using the Chrome browser. To do it, refer to the below one-line guide.
- Tap the three-dotted icon on the Chrome browser
- Click Cast from the list of options.
- Select your Chromecast device and tap Sources.
- Hit the option Cast tab to cast the BBC iPlayer website.
#5. That’s it. Enjoy streaming the BBC iPlayer video on your Chromecast-connected TV.
BBC iPlayer Installation Guide on Other Streaming Devices:
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can cast the BBC iPlayer app or website on your Chromecast built-in TV or Chromecast-connected TV.
You can stream all the content on the BBC iPlayer for free with your BBC account credentials.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Stream IPTV on JVC Smart TV
- How to Add and Watch ITV Kodi Addon
- How to Install and Activate BBC iPlayer on Roku
- 13 Best IPTV Players for Windows PC 
- How to Install and Setup IPTV on Philips Smart TV
- How to Watch Cinema HD on Roku [2 Ways]
- How to Chromecast Crave on Your TV
- How to Install and Stream Sky Go on Chromebook
- The Key Elements in AU Online Casinos to Draw New Players
- How to Get A Grades in Canada: Essay Writing Standards to Follow