The Mozilla Firefox browser, unlike Chrome and Edge, doesn’t have built-in Chromecast support for both smartphones and PCs. So, you can’t cast a video or any other media file from the Firefox browser to your TV or any big screen. However, there are some under-the-hood hacks to get the Cast support on the Firefox browser.
You can install the fx_cast extension from the GitHub library to get the Cast support. This extension is not officially available on the Firefox Addons Store. For smartphones, you can screen mirror the entire screen to your TV to cast the browser.
How to Chromecast Firefox Browser Using Windows or Mac
1. Open the Firefox browser on your desktop or laptop and make sure the browser is updated. If not, update the Firefox browser.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Go to the GitHub repository and search for the fx_cast extension. If you can’t find the extension, you can use this link to get the extension page.
3. Click the Firefox Extension button to download it on the Firefox browser.
4. Then, connect your PC and Chromecast to the same WiFi connection.
5. Now, go to the website and play any video that you want to cast.
6. Right-click on the webpage and choose the Cast option to cast Firefox on Google TV.
7. From the list of devices, choose your Chromecast device.
8. Now, the video from the webpage will appear on the Chromecast.
9. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon again and untick the Chromecast device.
How to Chromecast Firefox to TV Using Android
For Android smartphones and tablets, you can screen mirror the device directly from the Notification Panel.
1. Connect your Chromecast to WiFi. Then, connect your smartphone to the same WiFi connection.
2. Install the Firefox browser from the Play Store. Open the browser and go to the YouTube website or any other webpage that you want to cast using Firefox.
3. Now, go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon. The name of the icon may vary based on the smartphone brand.
4. From the list of devices, choose Chromecast to cast the Firefox browser on Android TV.
5. Then, play the video file from the webpage. It will appear on your TV via Chromecast.
6. To stop the casting, tap the Cast again from the Notification Panel and click the Disconnect button.
How to Chromecast Firefox to TV Using iPhone
For iPhone & iPad, you can’t directly screen mirror the browser to Chromecast. You need to use third-party mirroring apps like Replica for this purpose.
1. Install the Replica app on your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
2. Connect your iPhone or iPad and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Replica app. It will search for nearby devices. Choose your Chromecast device when detected.
4. Then, open the Firefox browser. If you don’t have the browser, you can install it from the App Store.
5. Go to the website that you want to cast and play any video file. It will appear on your TV.
6. To stop the mirroring, disconnect the Chromecast device from the Replica app.
No, both the Firefox browser for PC and smartphone don’t have the Cast support by default. You need to install third-party extensions to mirror the browser.
Yes, you can cast the Chrome browser to TV and mirror the Firefox browser. It is a tedious process and we don’t recommend it.
fx_cast is the Chromecast plugin for Firefox. It is not available on the Firefox Addons Store. You need to install it from GitHub.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.