Steam is a game distribution service that allows you to buy and play games online. Instead of buying physical copies of the game, users can purchase games from Steam at a low price. Recently, Steam has launched new software called Steam Link. You can play Computer games on your Smartphone with the Steam Link app. This app is available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS users. If you are a Chromecast user, you can mirror the smartphone or PC screen on your Chromecast-connected TV and can play Steam Link games on a big screen.
How to Cast Steam Link to Chromecast-connected TV [Android Phone]
1. Install the Steam Link app from the Play Store on your Android device.
2. Launch the Steam link app after installation and link it with the Steam app-installed Windows PC.
3. Sign in with your account credentials. Then, connect the Steam app-installed PC and Android Phone by following the on-screen prompts.
4. Navigate to the Notification panel and click the Screen Cast option.
5. From the list of devices, tap your Chromecast device.
6. Once your Android phone screen is mirrored to the TV, open the Steam Link app and start playing games.
How to Chromecast Steam Link from iPhone/iPad
Before following the steps below, install the Replica app on your iPhone or iPad.
1. Download the Steam Link app from the App Store on your iOS device.
2. Launch the Replica app and select your Chromecast device.
3. Hit the Start button and tap Start Broadcast on the pop-up menu.
4. Now, the iOS screen will be mirrored to your Chromecast-connected TV.
5. Launch the Steam Link app and connect it to the Steam app-installed Mac. Then, play any game on the app.
6. As the iOS screen is mirrored, you can see the game on your Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Stream Steam Games on TV using PC [Google Chrome]
1. Launch Google Chrome on your Windows PC or Mac.
2. Hit the Customize and Control Google Chrome icon (three-dotted icon) at the top.
3. Select the Cast option from the menu.
4. Under the Sources tab, select Cast Desktop.
5. Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
6. Now, your computer screen will be mirrored to Chromecast-connected TV.
7. Visit the Steam website to download the Steam app.
8. If you have already downloaded the app, open the app on your PC.
9. Login with your Steam account credentials.
10. Now, play your favorite game on your PC and view it on a big screen.
How to Chromecast Steam Games from PC using Remote Play
Remote Play is an in-built option on the Steam app. It lets you cast the Steam app from your PC to any Chromecast-connected TV or Chromecast built-in TV.
#1. Launch Steam on your Windows PC and navigate to Settings.
#2. Hit the option Remote Play on the left pane, and tick the box Enable Remote Play.
#3. Select your Chromecast-connected TV name and click the Pair Steam Link button to cast the app.
#4. Now, play any game on the Steam app and view it on a larger screen.
7 Ways to Fix Steam Link Not Working on Chromecast
If you have any trouble casting the Steam Link app on your TV, make use of the below troubleshooting techniques to fix the casting issues.
- Stop the casting and cast the app again.
- Ensure to connect the Chromecast and Smartphone/PC to the same WiFi.
- Sometimes, outdated Chromecast firmware can be the reason. To fix it, update your Chromecast firmware to the latest version.
- If updating doesn’t help or if you have already updated the device, reboot your Chromecast device.
- Update the Steam Link app on your Smartphone or PC.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Steam Link on your casting device.
- If none of the above methods work, reset the Chromecast device to factory settings and try to cast the app again.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Steam Link is not a Chromecast-compatible app.
You need a Chromecast device to cast Steam Link to your TV. If your TV has built-in cast support, enable it and cast the app.
Yes. The Steam Link is free to download and use.
You can download the Steam Link app from the Play Store on Chromecast with Google TV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- Vision IPTV: Watch 8500+ Channels and 85,000+ Video On Demand for $7.22
- How to Watch UEFA Champions League 2023-24 on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Reset Samsung Smart TV Remote for All Models
- How to Watch LaLiga on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Live Stream LaLiga on LG Smart TV
- How to Install and Watch NFL on PS5
- How to Stream NFL Game Pass on Chromecast
- How to Add and Watch NFL on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Live Stream MLB 2023 on Firestick
- How to Watch MLB 2023 [Major League Baseball] on Roku