- The Google Chrome browser for PCs offers built-in Chromecast support. For smartphones, you can screen mirror the browser.
- Using PC: Open Chrome browser → Click the three-dotted icon → Choose the Cast option → Select the Chromecast device.
- Using Android: Go to Notification Panel → Tap the Screen Cast icon → Choose the Chromecast device.
- Using iPhone: Install Replica app → Click the Screen Mirror tile → Tap Start Broadcast → Select the Chromecast device.
The Google Chrome for Windows, Mac, and Linux offers Chromecast as a default feature. With that, you can cast any type of media file from your PC to your Google Chromecast-connected TV.
The Chromecast feature is not available on smartphones. In Android smartphones and tablets, you can use the Screen Mirroring feature to cast the Chrome browser. For iPhones and iPads, you can install the Replica app, and screen mirror the Chrome browser.
In this guide, you will learn how to cast the Chrome browser from different devices.
How to Chromecast Chrome Browser Using a PC
1. Open the Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Then, connect your PC and Chromecast to the same WiFi connection.
3. Open the Chrome browser on your PC and tap the three-dotted icon.
4. On the list of options, choose the Cast option. You can also choose the Cast option by right-clicking on the browser.
5. Now, your PC will search for a nearby Chromecast device. When it is detected, you will get the Sources drop-down button.
6. In the Sources drop-down button, you have three options.
i. Cast Tab: Choosing this option will cast only the working tab.
ii. Cast Desktop: Choose this option to mirror your entire PC screen.
iii. Cast File: If you want to cast PDF files to Chromecast, choose this option.
7. After choosing the option, tap on your Chromecast device from the list. This will Chromecast the video from a Mac or Windows PC to a TV.
8. To stop the casting, close the Chrome browser.
How to Chromecast Website Using Chrome Browser
Some streaming websites like YouTube, Netflix, and Plex offer a built-in Cast icon on the playback screen. By clicking the Cast icon, you can cast the media content to your Chromecast from the Chrome browser.
1. Go to the streaming site that offers a built-in Cast icon. We have used YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/).
2. Play the video that you want to cast to Chromecast.
3. Click the Cast icon on the playback screen. The placement of the Cast icon may differ based on the streaming website.
4. Choose your Chromecast device.
5. Now, the video will be played on your Chromecast device.
How to Chromecast Chrome Browser Using Android
In Android smartphones and tablets, the Cast icon is not available on the Chrome browser. There is no extension available for Chrome mobile versions. You need to mirror your Android smartphone to Chromecast from the Notification Panel.
1. Connect your Android smartphone or tablet and Chromecast to the same WiFi connection.
2. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon. The name of the icon may vary based on the smartphone brand.
3. On the list of devices, choose your Chromecast device.
4. Then, tap the Start Mirroring option.
5. Now, you can see your smartphone’s screen on your Chromecast TV screen.
6. Open the Chrome browser on your Android device and it will appear on your Chromecast.
How to Chromecast Chrome Browser Using iPhone
Unlike Andriod smartphones, you can’t directly screen mirror your iPhone to Chromecast. You need to use third-party apps.
1. Install the Screen Mirroring app by Replica from the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Then, connect your iPhone and Chromecast to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Replica app and choose your Chromecast device.
4. Then, click the Screen Mirror tile.
5. On the next screen, tap the Start Broadcast button.
6. Choose your Chromecast device. Now, you can see your iPhone or iPad screen on your Chromecast-connected TV.
7. Open the Chrome browser on your iPhone or iPad. If you don’t have the browser, install it from the App Store.
8. Play any video or access any website on the Chrome browser. It will appear on your Chromecast screen.
How to Chromecast Chrome Browser on PC [Older Version]
Previously, there had been an official Chromecast extension by Google available on the Chrome Web Store. But it has been discontinued by Google from the Chrome Web Store for unknown reasons.
In the older versions of the Chrome browser, you need to pin the Cast extension. If not, it will be disappeared from the search bar.
1. On the Chrome browser, click the three dots icon.
2. The menu expands and click the Cast from the menu.
3. The Cast button will appear on the top near the address bar temporarily until you cast content.
4. To permanently place it, right-click the Cast button and click the Always show icon.
5. Now, the Cast button will appear on top, irrespective of any page you browse, making it easy for you to cast.
You can use streaming devices like Firestick or Roku to screen mirror media content from the Chrome browser.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Get TNT on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Pair Samsung Remote to Samsung Smart TV
- How to Use Telegram on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Turn On Bluetooth on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Watch BBC iPlayer on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install Plex on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install and Watch YouTube on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install and Watch ITVX on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install BritBox on Samsung Smart TV
- Best Ways to Fix AirPlay Not Working on Samsung Smart TV