- The Emby app is officially available for Android TV and Android TV Box in the Play Store.
- Install the app: Go to Apps → Open the Play Store → Search for Emby → Select the app → Tap the Install button.
- You can also cast the app using your smartphone or sideload the app using Downloader.
You can install the Emby app on your Android TV directly from the Play Store. With the Emby app, you can upload all your personal media files and access them anytime on your TV.
Emby is a personal server manager to store and access your favorite media files. Once you upload a media file, it will be converted automatically to several formats to play on any device. The app also offers parental controls to restrict kids from accessing inappropriate content.
In this guide, you will learn how to get the Emby app on your Android TV. Along with that, we also included a separate guide for how to use the app on your TV.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
How to Install Emby for Android TV
Before getting into the steps, make sure to create an Emby server on your PC to upload and store media files.
1. Switch on your Android TV and navigate to the home screen.
2. Tap on the Apps tile and hit the Google Play Store.
3. Search for the Emby app on the search bar.
4. Tap on the Emby app and hit the Install option to get the app.
5. After installation, open the Emby app and play the desired video content.
How to Sideload Emby for Android TV
1. Navigate to the Android TV home screen and hit the Google Play Store.
2. Search the Downloader app on the search bar and tap on the Downloader app.
3. Select the app and tap on Install to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
4. Then, go to Settings → Device preferences → Security & Restrictions → Install unknown apps → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Launch the Downloader app.
6. Enter the Emby Android TV APK URL (https://bit.ly/3Lkxwym) on the URL field.
7. Click on Go to download the APK file.
8. Then, hit the Install option to get the app.
9. Tap on Done and Open to open the app.
How to Use Emby on Android TV Box
1. Launch and open the Emby app on your Android TV.
2. Click on User Account and sign in with your Emby account.
3. Tap on OK and Emby home screen will be launched.
4. Now, you can play any of the media using Emby on your TV.
How to Cast Emby for Android TV Using Smartphone
2. Open the Emby app and sign in with your account.
3. Play any media on the Emby app.
4. Tap the Cast icon at the top of the screen.
5. Select the Android TV devices from the list of devices.
6. Now, the Emby app will cast on your TV.
7. To stop the casting, tap the Cast icon and click the Disconnect button.
When you can’t find the Cast icon on the Emby app, you can use the LocalCast app to cast on your device.
Emby offers three types of subscriptions.
- $4.99 per month
- $54 per year
- $119 for a lifetime
Get any of these subscriptions from the Emby website to access all the features.
How to Fix Emby Not Working on Android TV
In case you have any troubles while accessing the Emby app on your TV, try using the below troubleshooting tips.
- Connect your TV with a stable WiFi connection.
- Update the Emby app to its latest version.
- When casting, make sure that your smartphone and Android TV are connected to the same WiFi connection.
- Update the Android TV firmware.
- Sign out of the app and re-login.
- Restart your Android TV to fix minor bugs.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Emby app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use the Emby app for free with limited features. To access all the features, you need to buy the Emby Premiere subscription.
When you consider ease of use and compatibility, Plex is better than Emby.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.