Emby is a popular media center that brings all your personal media together in one place. Just like Plex, Emby uses the same client-server setup. You have to set up the Emby server on any NAS device and can access the media files that are stored on the Emby server using the client app. The Emby app is compatible with many devices, including Firestick. If you use a Firestick or Fire TV device, you can directly install the Emby app from the Amazon App Store. Alternatively, you can get Emby by sideloading the APK file of the app on your Firestick using Downloader.
How to Install Emby on Firestick
1. Navigate to the Firestick home screen.
2. Hit the Find icon and tap the Search bar.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Enter and search for the Emby app.
4. Click the Emby app and tap the Get or Download button to install the app.
Alternate Way to Download Emby on Firestick
1. Go to the official Amazon website (https://www.amazon.com/) from any browser on your PC.
2. Sign in with the same account credentials you have used on Firestick.
3. Search for Emby on the search bar.
4. Tap on Emby.
5. Click on Deliver option and select your Firestick device.
6. Hit the Get App option to download the app on your Firestick-connected TV or Fire TV.
How to Sideload Emby on Firestick using Downloader
You can also sideload the Emby app by installing the downloader on Firestick.
1. Go to the Firestick home screen.
2. Click the Find icon and hit the search bar.
3. Type Downloader and search for the app.
4. Tap Downloader and click the Get or Download icon to install the app.
5. Navigate again to the home screen of Firestick and hit the Settings icon.
6. Select My Fire TV and tap on Developer Options.
7. Click Install from unknown apps and turn ON Downloader.
8. Now, launch the Downloader app.
9. Enter the APK link of Emby in the URL box.
10. Hit Go and tap Install on the pop-up menu.
11. Now, the Emby app will be installed on your Fire TV.
How to Use Emby on Firestick / Fire TV
Before launching the app, make sure to create and set up an Emby server on your PC. The setup guide for the Emby server is mentioned below.
1. Launch the Emby app on Firestick.
2. Select the User Account and enter the password of your Emby account.
3. Hit the OK button.
4. Now, you will be taken to the home screen of Emby. Here, you can access the media files you have stored on your Emby Server.
5. Play any media content and view it on your Fire TV or Firestick-connected TV.
How to Fix Emby Not Working on Firestick
If you have any issues streaming or using Emby on Firestick, use the below steps to troubleshoot the problem.
- Connect the Firestick to a strong WiFi.
- Update the Emby app to the latest version.
- Update your Firestick device firmware.
- Sign out and log in again to the app.
- Restart the Firestick device.
- Finally, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
Subscription Plans of Emby
Emby also offers premium plans. The price of the plans varies based on the count of devices. You can subscribe to any one of the plans on the official website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can get Emby directly from Amazon App Store on Firestick.
Emby can be used for free with certain limitations. To access all the features, you need to get a subscription.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.