- You can hide the birthday on Facebook in the About Your Info section.
- Using App: Go to Facebook profile → Tap See Your About Info button → Click Edit on Basic Info → Choose the date or year → Select any of the four options.
- Using Website: Go to Facebook profile → Click About → Choose Contact and Basic Info → Click Edit → Choose any of the four options.
When I signed up for Facebook, I entered all the information without thinking about my privacy. Now, I have to hide some personal information, especially my birthday, from others on Facebook. Luckily, Facebook offers a straightforward way to change or hide my birthday.
If you are on the same page, follow this guide to hide your birthday on Facebook. I have used both my smartphone app and the website to ease the process for you. You can choose your preferred way to hide the information.
How to Hide Your Birthday on the Facebook App
If you are using an iPhone or Android mobile, follow the below steps to hide your birthday on Facebook.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
1. Open the Facebook app and sign in with your account if needed.
2. Tap the Hamburger icon on the bottom to get the Account page.
3. On the Account page, tap the Profile name.
4. Scroll down a bit and tap the See Your About Info button.
5. Now, all the information that you have saved will appear.
6. Scroll down to the Basic Info and click the Edit button.
7. Facebook offers two ways to hide your birthday. You can hide the date and month or the year. If you want, you can hide them both.
8. Click the Button next to the information. You will get four options.
Public: This will show the information to anyone on Facebook.
Friends of Friends: This will show the information to all the mutual friends.
Friends: This will show the information only to your Facebook friends.
Only Me: This won’t show the information to anyone on Facebook. Only you can see it.
9. Choose the preferred option and hide the birthday.
10. If you want to change the birthday, click the Edit in Accounts Centre button and enter your new birthday.
After hiding my birthday, I also made some customization in the privacy setting to hide photos on my Facebook profile.
Steps to Hide Your Birthday on Facebook Desktop
1. Go to the Facebook website and login to your account.
2. Click the Profile icon on the top to get the Account Page.
3. On your Account Page, click the About button.
4. Now, click the Contact and Basic Info option.
5. Navigate to the birth information section and click the icon next to the Edit button.
6. Similar to the app, you will get four options with an additional one. The Custom option can be used to hide the birthday from some selective friends on your Facebook profile.
7. If you want to change the birthday, click the Edit button. You will be redirected to the Action Centre. Here, you can edit your birthday.
Go to the Notifications menu on Facebook and choose the Birthday option. Turn off the toggle to stop getting birthday notifications from Facebook.
No. Once you save the birthday information, it can’t be removed. You can hide it or change it to a fake one.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.