- You can reset your Facebook password using the website or the app.
- Using Website: Go to the Facebook login page → Click the Forgotten Account? button → Enter your mail or phone number → Choose any of the four options → Complete the verification → Enter the new password.
- Using App: Open the Facebook app → Click the Forgotten Password? button → Enter phone number or mail → Choose any of the available verification processes → Complete the verification → Enter the new password.
Forgot your Facebook password? Don’t worry; you can reset your Facebook account or page password using the Find Your Account website or the Facebook app.
Facebook offers a seamless way to reset your account password. You can use your registered mail ID or phone number to recover your account. By verifying your mail or phone number, you can set a new password and recover your Facebook account.
In this guide, you will learn different ways to reset your Facebook password.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
How to Reset Facebook Password Using Website
Using the below steps, you can reset your Facebook account or business page password.
1. Go to the Facebook login page using a web browser.
2. Click the Forgotten Account? button on the webpage.
3. Now, you will get the Facebook Find Your Account page. You can also visit this page directly using this link.
4. Enter the phone number or email associated with your Facebook account.
5. On the next screen, you will get four options.
- Use My Google Account.
- Send code via email.
- Send code via SMS.
- Enter Password to Log In.
Choose the 2nd or 3rd option and click the Continue button. If you know the password, click Enter Password to Log In to change the Facebook password.
Note: If you can’t use any of these four options, skip to the below section, where you reset the Facebook password without using your email or phone number.
6. Now, enter the code you received to verify your account. Then, click the Continue button. Without the confirmation code, you can’t reset or recover the Facebook password.
7. Now, enter the new password.
8. If done properly, you will get the Password Changed screen. Choose the Log out of other devices to log out of your Facebook account for all the existing devices. Then, click the Continue button.
How to Reset Facebook Password on App
1. Open the Facebook app and click the Forgotten Password? button.
2. Now, enter the registered phone number or email address. Then, click the Find Account button.
3. You will get a list of options. Choose the Get code or link via email option.
Note: If you don’t have access to the registered phone number or mail, skip to the below section, where you reset the Facebook password without using your email or phone number.
4. Enter the code on the next screen and click the Continue button.
5. Now, enter the new password and click the Next button.
6. If you want, you can save your Facebook credentials on the app. Click the Save button on the next screen to do the same.
How to Reset Facebook Password Without Mail or Phone Number
1. If you don’t have access to the registered phone number or mail ID, click the No Longer Have Access to These button on the Reset Password screen.
2. Now, click the Start button on the next screen.
3. Enter the mail ID that you have access to and click the Get Code button.
4. Then, enter the code and click the Confirm button.
5. Then, click the Upload ID and upload your proof to verify your identity.
6. Once you have verified your identity, follow the prompts to change the Facebook account password.
This may or may not work based on your Facebook privacy settings. If you can’t reset your Facebook password using this method, you might lose your account. To prevent this, we suggest you save the password on Firefox or any other browser and use it whenever it is needed.
We don’t recommend using third-party apps to recover your Facebook account password. If you want, you can try apps like XenArmor to recover your account.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.