- The Fios TV app is available on the Amazon App Store. You can directly install the app on your Firestick.
- Install the App: Click the Find icon → Go to the Search Bar → Search for Fios TV → Select the app → Tap the Get button.
- Activate the App: Open the Fios TV app → Click Login with mobile app → Scan the QR code on your smartphone → Complete the activation.
The Fios TV app is officially available for Firestick with Fire OS 7.0 and above models. With that, you can easily install the app from the Amazon App Store. If you have a Firestick with older models, update your Fire TV Stick to get the app. In addition to that, if you have a Verizon Fios TV plan, you can access the Fios TV app without any additional charges.
In this guide, you will learn how to get the Fios TV app on your Firestick. We have also included a separate guide on how to activate the app to stream the video content.
How to Install Fios TV App on Firestick
1. Connect the Firestick to WiFi and make sure that the remote is paired with the device.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Hit the Home button on the remote to get the home screen.
3. Select the Find icon and hit the Search bar.
4. Using the virtual keyboard, enter Fios TV.
5. Pick the Fios TV app from the search results.
6. Click Get to download the Fios TV app.
7. Once you download, select Open to launch the app.
How to Activate and Watch Fios TV on Firestick
1. Once you open the Fios TV app, you can see two options. Login with mobile app and Login with remote.
2. When you choose Login with remote, you need to enter the Fios TV credentials.
3. To Login with mobile app, you need to scan the QR code.
4. Once signed in, start streaming your favorite TV channel on your Firestick-connected TV or Fire TV.
How to Fix Fios TV Not Working on Firestick
Some of the Fios TV users are getting the error message stating, “No Streaming Device Connected detected. Your Fios TV package doesn’t include a Streaming Device Connection, which is required to use this device to access your Fios TV service. You can go to http://myverizon.com to manage your account connections.” If you are getting this error, your Fios TV plan (included with the streaming app) might be expired. On the Fios TV website, it is mentioned that Your Fios TV and More Fios TV offer only two months of streaming device access. If you want more, you need to pay an extra $12 per device.
Update: For new Fios TV users, both these plans are updated to unlimited access to streaming devices.
Other than the error message, if you have any basic issues like hanging and buffering issues, make use of the troubleshooting methods mentioned below.
- Check whether your Firestick has been connected to the WiFi network.
- Have an eye on your Internet speed. If you find that your Internet speed is low, contact your Internet Service Provider to fix it.
- Restart Firestick if the app frequently freezes when you stream the content.
- Restart the Fios TV app if it performs slowly and doesn’t work normally.
- Update the Fios TV app to the latest version if it is outdated.
- Update Firestick firmware if the device isn’t compatible with the app.
Get any of these subscriptions from the Verizon Fios TV website.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Fios TV app is free to install. But to stream the content, you must purchase a premium plan from the official website.
Yes, using the Downloader app on Firestick, you can sideload the Fios TV APK file on your Fire TV Stick.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.