Firestick and Fire TV are excellent streaming devices with tons of entertainment app support. By default, all Fire TV Sticks have the same name with the model information. Having multiple Fire TVs and Firesticks all under the same name can get quite confusing. To avoid this issue, Amazon allows you to change the name of the Fire TV Stick device from their app or website to help users identify their device easily. To change the Fire TV Stick name, you must have an Amazon account, and your Fire TV Stick is registered with your Amazon account.
How to Check the Name of Your Firestick
Before proceeding with the name change, check the name of your Firestick or Fire TV using the steps below.
1. Connect the Firestick to your TV. Then, make sure to pair the Firestick remote.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Turn On the Firestick-connected TV and tap the Settings icon on the home screen.
3. Scroll down and select the tile, My Fire TV.
4. On the next screen, tap About.
5. Here, you will find the name and other details of your Firestick device.
How to Change Amazon Firestick Name on Amazon App
2. Login to your Amazon account using the necessary account credentials.
3. Tap the hamburger icon at the bottom.
4. Select the Account option.
5. Under the Account Settings, tap Content and devices.
6. Move to the Devices tab and select the option Fire TV displayed under Amazon devices.
7. On the drop-down, select your Firestick device.
8. Locate and click the Edit button on the Device Summary page.
9. Enter a new name for your Firestick device in the box, and tap Save to apply the changes.
That’s it. You have successfully changed the name of your Firestick device. Use the above steps and check whether the Firestick name has been changed or not.
How to Change Amazon Firestick Name on Amazon Website
1. Open a web browser on your Mac or Windows PC.
2. Visit the official Amazon website [amazon.com]
3. Click the option Hello, Sign in at the top, and click the Sign in button.
4. Type your account credentials and Sign in to your Amazon account.
5. Scroll down to the bottom of the website and tap the option Manage Your Content and Devices.
6. Click on the Devices tab to view your connected devices.
7. Under Amazon devices, Select Fire TV.
8. Click your Firestick device and tap the Edit button placed near it.
9. On the pop-up menu, enter your desired name and tap Save to change the name of your Amazon Firestick device.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are unable to rename your Firestick, remove the device from your Amazon account and re-register it.
Open the Alexa app → click on Devices → All Devices → Tap on your Firestick → Edit → Enter new name → Save.
Go to Firestick Settings and select Profiles. Highlight the Profile name you want to change and click Edit. You can now change the username as per your wish,
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.