Firestick is a popular streaming device with several features. Firestick allows you to install any app from Amazon App Store. Sometimes, opening more apps on Firestick can cause hangs or application freezes. To get rid of these issues, you need to frequently close the apps which are not in use. Closing the apps enhances the smooth functioning of the Amazon Firestick device. There are two ways to close apps on Firestick. You can close the app by force-stopping the particular app. In addition to this method, you can also use third-party applications like Background Apps and Process List or Task Killer to close apps. If you want to automate the closing of apps, you can do it with the help of the Task Killer application.
How to Close Apps on Firestick
 Turn On your Firestick-connected TV or Fire TV, and make sure to pair the Firestick remote.
 Press the Home button on your Firestick remote.
 Scroll to the right and click the Settings icon.
 Look for the Applications tile and select it.
 On the next screen, tap the option Manage Installed Applications.
 Select the app that you would like to close. For example, let’s choose Netflix.
 Scroll down and hit the option Force Stop to close the app.
How to Close Apps on Firestick using Third-Party Applications
There are two popular applications that allow you to close the apps on Firestick at ease. They are listed below.
- Background Apps and Process List
- Task Killer
1. Background Apps and Process List App
 Navigate to the Home screen on your Firestick using the remote.
 Click the Find tab.
 Tap Search and type Background Apps and Process List using the on-screen keyboard.
 Select the Background Apps and Process List app from the search suggestions list.
 Click the Download button to install the app on Firestick.
 Wait for the installation to complete and tap Open.
 All the active apps running in the background will be displayed on the home screen of the app.
 Select the app you want to close or click the Close All Apps option.
 You will be navigated to the settings of the app. Here, hit the option Force Stop to close the app on Firestick.
Note: If you have selected Close All Apps, you will be directed to the next app’s settings screen. Tap Force Stop again to close the app. Repeat the steps till all the apps are closed.
2. Task Killer
1. The first thing to do is to install the Downloader app on Firestick.
2. Then, navigate to Firestick Settings >> My Fire TV >> Developer Options >> Install unknown apps >> Turn ON Downloader.
3. Launch the Downloader app and grant access to the required permissions.
4. Tap the Home tab on the left pane and enter the Task Killer APK link on the URL field.
5. Select the Go button and click Install on the pop-up menu.
6. Once installed, open the Task Killer app on Firestick.
7. The Task Killer app automatically analyzes and removes the apps running in the background.
8. After closing the apps, the Task Killer app displays a detailed report on the screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can force stop the app or use third-party applications like Task Killer to close the apps on Firestick.
Clearing cache on your Firestick device allows you to use the app smoothly without any interruptions or lags.
Yes. You can close apps on Firestick 4K. The steps given above are applicable to all Firestick devices.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Install and Watch Amazon Prime Video on Chromebook
- How to Install Crunchyroll on PS4 & PS3 
- How to Download and Install SGTV Kodi Addon 
- How to Add and Stream TSN on Roku
- How to Update Peacock TV on Amazon Firestick
- How to Cancel Fitbit Premium Subscription [7 Ways]
- How to Install and Watch DAZN on Firestick [2 Easy Ways]
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Wikipedia [App & Website]
- Inside The Delicate Art of Ransomware Negotiations
- How to Find Archived Emails in Gmail