Amazon Fire Stick is a streaming device used to stream media contents through applications like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu and more. You must need a standard internet connection to use those streaming apps on your Firestick. Whenever you launch the Firestick, it will connect automatically to the home network which you used while setting up the device. Once you decided to change the connection or if you changed the router on your home, it is important to know how to connect Amazon Firestick to a new WiFi connection. We will show you the steps to do the same.
There are two ways to connect Firestick to a new WiFi network. You can change the network with or without using the Firestick Remote.
- Connect firestick to WiFi using Remote
- Connect Firestick to WiFi without using Remote.
How to Connect Firestick to WiFi using Remote?
#1: Launch your Firestick and go to Settings.
#2: Select the Network menu located next to the Notifications menu.
#3: Select See All Networks.
#4: Select your new network.
#5: Enter the password for your Wi-Fi network (if needed).
#6: Tap the Connect button to change the network.
How to Connect Firestick to WiFi without using Remote?
With the help of Amazon Fire TV app on your Android or iOS device, you can change the WiFi network on your streaming device. For this method, you need to have two smartphones.
#1: On Device 1, create a hotspot network with the same SSID & password of your home network.
#2: On Device 2, download the Amazon Fire TV app on your Smartphone.
#3: Launch your Firestick and it will connect to the hotspot network that you created on Device 1.
#4: Connect your Devive 2 to the same network.
#5: Open the Amazon Fire TV app and you can see your Fire TV device.
#6: Select the name and control your device. Use the controls on the app to reset the connection on your Firestick.
#7: Once you changed the connection, turn off the hotspot on Device 1.
Firestick won’t connect to WiFi
If you encountered any error while connecting to a WiFi connection, try these fixes
- Unplug the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick from the power source and plug it back to the power cord.
- Restart your Firestick.
- Connect your Firestick to the different HDMI port.
- Make sure that your internet connection is active.
Do you know any other method to connect a Fire TV Stick without using the remote control? Drop in the comment box. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get the instant update about Firestick. Thank you for visiting our site.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- Live NetTV Apk – Installation Guide for Android Mobiles/Tablets
- How to Install Dofu Sports Live Stream on Firestick
- How to Install and Stream IPTV on JVC Smart TV
- How to Add and Watch ITV Kodi Addon
- How to Install and Activate BBC iPlayer on Roku
- 13 Best IPTV Players for Windows PC 
- How to Install and Setup IPTV on Philips Smart TV
- How to Watch Cinema HD on Roku [2 Ways]
- How to Chromecast Crave on Your TV
- How to Install and Stream Sky Go on Chromebook